Chapter 25- Problem

Author POV-

Both of them pulled away to catch their breath. Mattheo looked into Y/n's eyes. He smiled.
"You are so beautiful." He whispered. A small smile appeared on Y/n's face. Mattheo's hand was still on your waist and the back of your neck. He then held your face."I'm sorry this has happened to you." He spoke gently.

"I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable." He wanted to make sure of that. He didn't want to think he was like Tom. "No, you didn't, I was just surprised that's all." Y/n smiled at him.

The room went silent again. You could hear the wind from the few windows that were opened and a few footsteps in the background from teachers or students getting to their common rooms.

For Mattheo he always wanted to kiss Y/n, he never did before because their relationship was already rocky and if Tom caught Y/n 'cheating' it would make it worse but now that they had broken up he had taken this chance and let his thought win.

He was happy with the choice he made. With Y/n however, this was amazing but they weren't sure what to do next. This break-up was so sudden and suspicious and they thought there was some catch to it.

The feelings of sadness and confusion became overwhelming to them. Is this some joke Tom is making? They were confused. They were annoyed and for some reason, they felt upset.

A few tears had escaped their eyes and they rolled down their face. Mattheo almost immediately noticed this. He took their hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked softly. "I-I don't know. I'm not sure if this is real, to be honest." Y/n spoke quietly questioning their emotions.

"Listen, he broke up with you, he can't do anything to you anymore okay?" Y/n looked down. Is it real?
"Look at me." He asked. Y/n was too lost in thought to hear what he was saying. He grabbed their chin and lifted it making them lift their face to look at them.

"Forget about him. Forget about Tom, Y/n. He doesn't control you anymore okay? From now on I will help you every step of the way to make sure he doesn't try anything to get you back alright?" He wanted to reassure Y/n. He wanted to make sure of that.

Y/n simply nodded their head. "Thank you," Mattheo smiled. "You don't have to thank me." He wiped off the tears that stained Y/n's face. "If you need help to stay away from Tom, you can count on me to help you remember that, alright?"

"Yeah." Mattheo leaned in and kissed their cheek. "Good."

The next day.

-
Y/n and Mattheo were in the great hall on the Slytherin table. They were eating breakfast. Well, kind of. Mattheo was trying to get Y/n to eat. It was a challenge but he managed to get them to eat 2 pieces of roast and a bit of scrambled eggs so it was something.

Owls suddenly were flying into the great hall. That meant one thing. Posts.

An owl flew down the Slytherin table and the letter that was on its claw landed in Y/n's hand. Y/n was not expecting a letter from them.

Mattheo looked at Y/n. "Who is it from?" Y/n looked down at the letter. They saw the owl fly away and recognized it. It was their Fathers.

"My dad." They opened the letter and started to read it.

The letter read:

Hey, sweetie I just want to make sure that you were coming over for the Christmas holiday. I mean we always do this so I do expect you to come if not I do want to know why you can't make it. If you do come I am excited to talk about how your year has gone so far as you were excited.