Chapter 23- Love

Author POV-
Y/n was sat in the library. They had a book close to their face and they were just staring into the book not wanting to read it. They were just going through what just happened with Tom and what he told them. Mattheo was sat opposite them and he was just writing something.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.
"Yeah. Just thinking." They mumbled out.
He nodded his head and just watched them zone out. "It's getting late" Mattheo added.
"Already?" Y/n questioned.
"Yeah, you wanna go back?" He suggested.
"Uh...sure." Y/n closed the book and stood up taking their bag.
"Alright then" Mattheo stood up as well and he also picked up his book and closed it. They both put their books away and walked out of the library.

As they were walking Mattheo wanted to have a conversation to try and move Y/n's mind off the things that had happened.
"You know we have another quidditch match soon?"
Mattheo mentioned.
Y/n looked at him. "Really? When?"
"In a few days. It was kind of a last-minute thing. It was now or after Christmas, which people might not like"
"Makes sense" Y/n nodded their head in agreement and it went silent again.

Y/n still looked upset and didn't look like they were going to have their mood lightened up.
"You think Draco will be feeling better?" Mattheo questioned breathing the silence once again.
"Hope so," Y/n said as they looked down at the floor.

-
After minutes of silence other than footsteps being heard and the occasional wind they eventually made their way back to the common rooms. Y/n was about to make their way to their room when Mattheo stopped Y/n. He held their wrist gently and stopped them from walking away.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Mattheo asked again. He didn't want to come off as annoying but he was worried. "Mhm," they mumbled a simple response. "Is it about Tom?" He asked again.
Y/n looked up at him and thought about it. "I don't know maybe" they shrugged their shoulders.

Mattheo brought them closer by pulling their worst closer to him. He brought Y/n close to him and their bodies were almost touching. "Do you feel uncomfortable like this?" He wanted to make sure Y/n wasn't uncomfortable with him. He doesn't want to be like Tom. "No..." they shook their head. A slight blush could be seen on their face.

Mattheo smiled a bit. He brought his hand to the side of their face. He rested his palm on their cheek softly. "Forget about him alright?" Mattheo spoke quietly now. "Mhm," they nodded their head again.

"I want to help you from now on okay? If you feel uncomfortable with anything I do tell me alright?" Y/n smiled a bit as they looked up at him. "Thank you."
"It is the least I could and can do."

For a few seconds, they were looking at each other. Mattheo was admiring Y/n's face he looked at their eyes and smiled a bit more. Y/n was doing the same. Occasionally they would take a few glances on his lips which Mattheo noticed.

His smile turned to a smirk and he leaned closer a bit. He was holding their wrist and now he pulled them closer.

Their bodies were now touching. Their faces were so close to each other. "Just tell me to stop if you feel uncomfortable," Mattheo whispered. Y/n nodded and with that, Mattheo leaned closer and pressed his lips against Y/n's.

Y/n kissed him back slowly, and Mattheo brought his hand to their waist holding them close to him. He pulled them closer by their waist deepening the kiss. Y/n brought their hands up and placed them on his shoulders. Mattheo's hand that was on their cheek were now on the back of their neck.

The kiss lasted for a few more seconds. It was just the two of them in the room.

It was no doubt that,
Mattheo loves Y/n. And Y/n loves him too.