[21] hopers cove

The last week has been filled with nothing but joy

The last week has been filled with nothing but joy. It's been exactly a week since my birthday, the day that Conrad had asked me to be his girlfriend.

We've been falling asleep in each others room every night since then, going for walks on the beach during the sunset. Watching movies together, mostly just spending time together.

It's a dream come true.

I told my mom, Belly and Taylor about it and they were thrilled. Belly didn't seem as excited as the other two, but I didn't think much of it.

I wish I would have sooner.

Conrad had told his mom, Jere and Steven. The moms had talked to each other about it, informing Laurel about everything.

Susannah and me had sat down on night and talked about everything, she was beyond excited and even cried, tears of joy of course.

A few days ago I had emailed my boss, letting him know that I was quitting. When I had explained to him why, he understood. My email had explained that I wasn't getting many hours, which was true, and that I wasn't exactly sure I wanted a job at the moment since I wanted to spend lots of time with my 'family' since I was going away to college soon.

He said that it was reasonable and they were very over staffed at the moment, so he wasn't angry or upset about me quitting.

I told my mom and she decided to let it slide. She wasn't exactly happy, but I had told her that I just needed this one summer without anymore stress before I left.

Today was the day of the volleyball tournament that Cousins had every year, Belly was going to ask me to be her partner, but I insisted that she asked Taylor since it was another excuse for her to come back to Cousins.

Steven was playing too, with Shayla. Susannah was the announcer, so everyone decided that we would all go to cheer everyone on.

I would've played too, but I decided that I would rather watch than play. Plus, I didn't want to play against Belly since this would look good for the whole deb thing if she won.

At the moment I was sat down with Susannah, while she painted my portrait. I was wearing a white top and my black jean shorts with my black converse.

I had done my makeup more natural and my hair was wavy.

She was almost done and the entire time we sat there we talked about Conrad.

"Rosie, I need you to promise me something." Susannah said, "Anything." I replied.

"Promise me that you'll take care of him. No matter what happens. Stick by his side, you guys may be dating, but you can't forget that he's always going to be your best friend." she said.

I didn't know what she meant by this, maybe just her being a protective mother. But eventually I would realize what this meant, but maybe when I did it would be too late.