[10] heartfelt talks

Once I was done with my little breakdown, I headed back towards the house

Once I was done with my little breakdown, I headed back towards the house. When I pulled into the driveway I got out of the car and walked to the door.

When I opened the door I saw the three boys playing video games on the couch, the all looked back at me and gave me a concerned expression when they saw my mascara smudged.

"Rosie?" Jere said, I dropped the keys on the counter and walked upstairs. Just because I was home didn't mean I was fine again.

This behaviour from me was pretty uncalled for, for everyone. But I wasn't going to be selfish and miss one of Laurels important nights.

I walked into my room and shut the door behind me, I flopped onto my bed and just stared at my ceiling. I wanted to talk to someone so bad about what happened last summer, but I couldn't. I was so ashamed that I couldn't even bring myself to say those words out loud.

While I was staring at my ceiling I heard a knock on my door, I wiped underneath my eyes before speaking. "Who is it?" I asked, "It's me." the voice said. It was Jeremiah.

"Come in." I replied, I watched as we walked into the room and shut the door behind him. "What's wrong Rosie? Did something happen?" he asked me.

Maybe I could tell Jeremiah?

Even though it would hurt a lot, he was my best friend and I trusted him to never tell anyone or to never treat me differently. I had faith in him, which was a pretty huge thing for me.

While I was trying to think of the words to say my eyes began to fill with tears again, the boy engulfed me in a hug while I cried.

My chin was rested on the crook of his neck while he rubbed my back whispering comforting words to me.

When my cries had finally calmed down, I pulled away from the boy and looked at him. He wiped the tears under my eyes with a sad smile.

"Rosie, are you okay?" he asked me, "Jere... I have something I need to tell you." I said only above a whisper.

He gave me an extremely concerned state while he waited for me to continue, "You have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"I promise." he repeated and I took a deep
breath. "I wasn't being completely honest when I told everyone I got food poisoning last summer." I said and now he was just flat out confused.

"Well if it wasn't that, why didn't you come?" he asked, "I was in a... in a eating disorder rehab centre." I said. Tears began to fall from my eyes again but I wiped them away.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything, he felt stupid for not seeing that his best friend was hurting and he thought that he could only blame himself.

When he didn't say anything I decided that I would continue. "Last year, I began eating less and less, and it got to the long where I was barely eating anymore. I was so skinny that it was unhealthy. I was so happy because I though that I looked like all the other girls, I didn't realize I was damaging my body." I explained.

"The week before summer break... I was outside with my mom and we were on a walk. I passed out in the street and I don't remember anything up until I woke up in the hospital. My mom said that she was so scared and she had no clue why to do, one of the neighbours had seen and called an ambulance for me. When I woke up they had told my mother what had happened, and she decided to place me in the rehab centre so I could get better." I explained.

The entire time I was telling Jere what had happened I didn't look in in his eyes once. When I finished and looked up at him, I noticed that he had his own tears in his eyes.

"Rosie I'm so sorry." he said, "Jere you don't have to be. Just don't tell anyone... please. I'm better now and there's nothing to worry about." I said and he nodded.

"Was that why you were upset earlier?" he asked me, "Yeah, she had brought up that and some things with my dad and I snapped." I replied and he nodded in understanding.

"But Jere, you can't tell anyone. Only you and my mom know, i'm trusting you with this and I need to know that you won't tell anyone. Not your mom, Laurel, Belly and none of the boys." I said and he nodded.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone, I wouldn't do that to you." he reassured me and I smiled. "Okay well you can go okay your video games now. I don't want to bother you anymore." I replied.

"You're not bothering me, I chose to come up here and check on you. You didn't ask me to do that." he stated and I smiled.

"I should probably start getting ready for Laurels party, it's only in a hour." I said and he nodded. "Yeah" he laughed.

"Thank you, I love you Jere." I said giving him another hug, he returned the hug with a smile on his face.

After that he walked out of my room and shut my door behind him. I got up from my bed and wiped off my makeup with makeup wipes.

I honestly felt much better now that someone knew, I didn't feel as alone. Yeah my mom knew, but as you can tell she isn't always understanding. Now I knew that I had someone I could talk to about these thing.

My door bursted open to reveal a very happy Belly, "What's got you so happy?" I asked her and her smile only grew wider. "I have a date!" she exclaimed.

It took me a moment to figure out who, but once I did I smiled. "With Cam Cameron?" I asked and she nodded.

"I have no clue what to wear." she said as she flopped onto my bed. "I have just the things." I replied with a smile, her head shot up and she smiled at me.

I looked through my closet and found a cute crop top that I found suited Belly more than me. She had jean shorts so that was perfect.

"Here go put on jean shorts with this." I said as I threw the top at her, she caught it and ran out of my room with a little kids smile.

While she went to try it on, I looked through my closet for something to wear for tonight. I found a yellow greenish short sleeve dress. The fit was looser and it went longer down my body, it was the perfect dress for a book party.
———————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! So Rosie told Jeremiah! How do you guys feel about that whole part? I think it was very cute and Jeremiah was very comforting, he wasn't trying to push her into saying anything more than she was which I loved. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

(Rosie's yellow green dress)

1221 words