[11] you look beautiful

I laid the dress onto my bed and Belly cam rushing into my room wearing my top and her jean shorts

I laid the dress onto my bed and Belly cam rushing into my room wearing my top and her jean shorts. "Is this okay?" she asked me, looking very nervous , I walked up to her and grabbed her face.

"Belly you look beautiful." I said and a smile grew on her face, "Thanks Rosie." she said happily.

"Susannah said she wanted to help me with my makeup, so i'll go see her and let you get ready." she said before rushing out of the room.

I smiled at her state of joy and shut the door, once I locked it I began to undress myself.

I put on the dress I laid on my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I pushed away all the negative thoughts and began to think of all the positive things about my appearance.

The colour of dress brought out my blonde hair. My nails looked nice with this dress. The dress made my body slimmer.

I stated a few more things before deciding I should do my makeup. I did add much, per usual, and just did more of a natural look.

I made sure that the bruise on my nose was covered, I added some mascara, concealer and highlighter. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth again before putting some lipgloss on.

I brushed through my hair thinking that it would be good enough, but since my waves had less volume it wasn't. I turned on my curling iron, once it had hot enough I redid a couple of my waves and left the ones that looked nice.

When I was done I grabbed my phone, I walked out of my room and down the stairs. When I walked into the living room the boys were still playing video games.

I sat down beside Conrad and he looked me up and down before looking back towards his games. "You look... nice." he said to me and I smiled.

I didn't reply and I just watched them play, I didn't really understand what was going on. No matter how much Conrad tried to explain to me how video games work and how to play. I never understood, that was fine I guess, it just meant that I had more time to myself.

But it's not like they play video games often when we're at the summer house.

Someone walked into the kitchen and I looked behind me to see who it was, I saw that Belly was standing there and I smiled.

I got up from my spot and rushed towards the girl, "Belly I know I already said this, but you look beautiful." I said and she smiled even wider than the first time I said it.

Jeremiah turned around once I said that and his eyes went wide. "Damn!" he said before putting his controller beside him and walking over to us.

"Are you kidding? Yeah, no, fine. Just abandon the game completely dude." Steven said annoyed, "You both look, hot." Jere said while spinning us around.

I laughed inside once he said that, I thought it was funny how he was so invested in the game and didn't notice when I had got there until I spoke up.

But that's how boys were, unless you say something. They won't notice that you're even there if they're doing something they love.

"Hey, stop flirting with my sister." Steven said annoyed, "Shut up Steven." Belly said annoyed. "No you shut up." he replied, he looked back once again. "You guys both look good thought." he said before turning his attention back to the game.

"Thanks Stevie." I said and he rolled his eyes at the nickname, he hated when I called him that. I don't know when I started calling him Stevie, it was mostly something I said to annoy him.

"Are you two driving with us or meeting us there?" Jere asked us, "I'll drive with you guys." I said before looking at Belly with a smirk.

"I'm not going to the book party... i'm going to the drive-in." Belly stated, "With who?" Conrad asked, putting his big brother mode on. "Sue, focus." Steven said to Conrad.

Belly ignored him and her phone dinged, she looked down at her phone and smiled. "Okay, bye guys." Belly said.

I followed after her and she looked at herself in the mirror, I turned her to face me and pulled her hair from behind her ears. "You look perfect." I said to her, "Thanks Rosie." she said.

She gave me a hug and I walked her to the door, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do... wait. Don't do anything Jere wouldn't do... fuck. Just don't do anything you'll regret." I said and she just laughed.

I opened the door for her and watched as she walked towards Cams car, he looked towards me and waved at me. I waved back with a smile and watched as his car left the driveway.

I shut the door and walked into the kitchen, "Who's Belly going to the drive-in with?" Jere asked. "Cam Cameron" I said in a whisper. The boy smiled, "As much as I gave her a hard time about him, he seems nice. I trust him." Jere stated.

"Yeah, me too." I added, I walked into the kitchen and Jeremiah sat back down. I looked through the pantry for something small to eat, since I was somewhat hungry.

Also, I knew that whatever would be at the party would have more calories than what's here. I know I shouldn't care about the calories and i'm supposed to be getting better, but this was my way of getting better.

I went from not eating at all, to eating three meals a day and having some snacks. It was just out of habit to look at the calories and make sure I don't go above at this point.

I grabbed a small bag of crackers that were already packaged and looked at the calories. I was to busy thinking of the things I ate that day to notice Conrad staring at me while I looked at the nutrition label.

Once I was satisfied with everything in it, I opened the bag and sat back down on the couch beside Conrad.

I ate the entire small bag and got back up to throw the wrapper away, as I was about to sit down again the moms walked into the kitchen.

"We're leaving now, you guys should too." my mom said and I nodded. "Okay Mary, we'll leave after this game. There's only five minutes left." Jere said.

She nodded before they walked out of the house, once the game was done they got up and Jere grabbed his car keys.

"Ready?" Jeremiah asked me and I nodded, this was going to be a long night.
———————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! I liked writing this chapter, not much goes on but it's a cute chapter. I know it's  a little shorter than the usual amount I write, but I didn't think there was anything else I could put before they left. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

1197 words