[15] bathroom floor

After everything that had happened, I was filled with excitement and annoyance

After everything that had happened, I was filled with excitement and annoyance. Who know those two emotions could be paired up so well together.

I was excited that Conrad talked about me lots, but I was annoyed that he kept trying to push me away. I had to admit, I was doing the same with him. But he was the one pushing me away, I was just letting him have what he wanted.

After the conversation I had with Nicole, I had went into my room, changed and laid on my bed, scrolling through Tiktok.

I stalked my friends accounts to see what they'd been up to, I was happy that I was in Cousins, but I had to admit, it sucked leaving my friends behind.

Yet, it didn't seem like they cared that I hadn't been there for any summer. They acted sad that I wouldn't be able to spend time with them, but this year has been hard for me.

I hadn't been with them or there for them as much as I'd wished I had. But they didn't know what was going on, I tried my best to be there for them whenever something would happen. But it was hard to try and help someone when I couldn't help myself.

I had finally out myself first after so many years of trying to please everyone around me, I was tired of it. At this point, I didn't care if they thought I had been selfish.

I was putting myself first, that's something I should've done a long time ago.

As I scrolled through my friends account and watched all the new videos they've been posting since I left, I realized that it didn't matter if I was there or not.

I guess you could say that I was the floater friend. You know, everyone's second option if the first person they'd asked to hangout bailed on them.

I had gotten lost in my thoughts until there was a knock on my door. Before I could reply, the door opened, only to reveal my mother.

"Rosie, why aren't you getting ready? Haven't you checked the time?" my mom asked, I looked at my phone to see the time.

Shit

It was already 5, there was only 30 minutes until Belly's birthday dinner. "Crap, I lost track of time. I'll start getting ready." I said as I hopped out of my bed.

"Please, don't make us wait for you." she said as she left my room, shutting the door behind her.

I went into my closet, trying to find something acceptable to wear for the dinner. Steven and Jere had also mentioned that there was this party that they were going to after supper.

So I should probably try and find something that I would be comfortable in for both.

I looked through my closet, trying to find something casual, but cute at the same time.