[3] first swim

I knocked on the door and waited a moment until he replied

I knocked on the door and waited a moment until he replied. "Come in!" Conrad yelled and opened the door.

I shut the door behind me and turned around to face him, his hair was wet and he only had a pair of shorts on. I was staring at his abs and they got me a little distracted.

I lifted my head up back to his face hoping he wouldn't have noticed, which was very not likely. He had his shirt in his hands and put it on.

"So what's up?" he asked me, "Oh yeah... me, Jere and Belly are going down to the beach. I was wondering if you wanted to come with us?" I asked. "I think i'm just gonna stay in for now, thanks anyways." he replied.

My smile faded slightly and I nodded, "Yeah for sure." I said before walking out. I shut the door behind me and closed my eyes.

You're so stupid.

I grabbed a towel form the bathroom and made my way into the kitchen, Jere was sitting at the island but Belly wasn't there. "Where's Bels?" I asked, "She's still upstairs. I didn't realize how long it took girls to put on a bathing suit." Jere joked.

"Excuse me. I'm very fast at getting ready. I just asked Conrad if he wanted to come with us, he said no." I replied.

Jere smiled and I rolled my eyes, "Don't even start." I said. "Come on Rosie! We all know that you've liked him since you guys were ten." Jere exclaimed.

"I don't like him Jere! Maybe when we were younger, but it's different now. I'm older and so is he, do you really think I still have the same crush from when I was little?" I asked.

Jeremiah went to reply but I stopped him, "You know what. Please don't answer that." I said and he laughed.

Belly came running down the stairs right after that comment, "You ready?" Jere asked her and she nodded.

Me and Jere walked outside as Belly picked up the towel I had gotten for her, "Come on!" Jere rushed. "Okay! I'm ready!" Belly said as she ran out of the house and shut the door.

"Hey. Did you know my dads coming up on the fourth?" Belly asked us.

This is where everything becomes complicated, well one of the reasons. Laurel and John divorced a couple of months ago. Whatever, I didn't care about that. Belly and Steven took it okay, but they're cool with it now.

When my mom and dad divorced, my dad just stopped showing up... for everything. He never went to my soccer or volleyball games, never showed up on my birthday. But John was always there for his kids, well tried to be.

The only reason that my dad has been contacting me recently is because of what happened last summer. But it was too late for him to try and fix things.

"Cool." Jere said, "That's awesome Bels." I said. "Don't you think it's weird?" Belly asked, "Not really, I love your dad." Jere said. "I mean at least he's trying?" I said but it sounded more like a question.