[9] insensitive

After my swim I had sat down on one of the laid back chairs and fell asleep, when I woke up I was extremely confused

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

After my swim I had sat down on one of the laid back chairs and fell asleep, when I woke up I was extremely confused. I got up and looked around to see if anyone was back, Laurel was in her offices typing away so I didn't bother her, I looked in my moms room and saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed.

Where was Beck and Belly?

I looked out one of the many windows and saw Beck on the dock with Conrad. I walked outside and walked towards them.

"Hey sleepyhead." Susannah said to me, "Hi, when did you guys get back?" I asked. "We'll Conrad was here when I got back, and the rest of us got here about an hour ago." Beck stated.

"Where's Belly?" I asked in confusion, "She's at a deb thing." Conrad deadpanned. I nodded my head to show I understood. 

I went to walk away but was stopped, "Why don't you sit with us while I paint Conrad? He's not in a very chatty mood, and I feel like I haven't seen you at all since you've been here." Beck said and I sat down decently far from Conrad so I wouldn't get in the way of the painting.

"So you got food poisoning last summer, how was that? We were all so upset that you couldn't come, especially Connie." Beck said and I laughed.

"Mom." Conrad said annoyed, "What it's true! He kept asking why you couldn't just come once you got better... so how was it?" she asked me.

"It was okay... I guess. It hurt... a lot." I lied, I hated lying to Beck because she could always see through them.

She gave me a weird look but I brushed it off. "Well i'm happy that you're here this summer." she said with a smile, "Yeah me too." I replied.

"Doesn't food poisoning only last like 2 weeks?" Conrad asked suspiciously, "Yeah, but it stays in your system for longer." I deadpanned.

"A whole summer?" he asked in disbelief, "I guess so." I replied. He scoffed before looking back at his mother.

"Well I think i'm done." Susannah said, "Can I see?" I asked with a smile. When I went to go peak she turned her canvas. "No! It's a surprise." she said and I laughed.

"Okay... i'll wait. Do you need help bringing anything in?" I asked, "I'm okay, Connie's gonna help me. But Laurel should be picking Belly up soon." Beck said and I nodded.

I walked away from the two and made my way towards the house. I walked inside and Laurel was grabbing her car keys, "Picking up Belly?" I asked and she nodded.

She walked out of the house and I made my way upstairs, my mom was now up and was walking out of her room.

"Rosie, can we talk?" my mom asked and I nodded, she walked into my room and say ok the bed. She looked had a serious look on her face so I shut the door behind me.

I sat down on the bed and looked at her in confusion. "What's up?" I asked, "What has been up with you lately? I mean when we got here you were so happy and excited, but now. It's like you aren't really here, you're here physically but not mentally." my mom said.

"Nothing i'm fine." I replied, "Rosie. Every since last summer you've..." she started but I cut her off. "can we please stop talking about last summer?" I asked.

"We cant Rosie, not unless there's another reason you've been acting different. Does it have anything to do with your dad?" she asked and I began laughing.

"Mom it's not about dad or last summer! Just drop it!" I whisper yelled, "No, I can't just drop it. Somethings changed with you and it concerning me, and now Laurel and Beck are asking me about you. We're all concerned." she added.

"They don't have to be concerned because i'm fine." I deadpanned, "Last summer was last summer, and everything that happened with your father was long ago. If that's what's bothering you it shouldn't. Everything's okay now." she said and tears formed in my eyes.

"Well i'm sorry that I can't pretend that none of that happened." I said, "So it is about those things? Rosie you need to let it go." she said and I felt betrayed.

Obviously that was dramatic but still, how could she say something like that?

"Look I can't just brush it off and pretend that i'm still you're naive little girl because I'm not. I'm never going to forget those things so i'm sorry that my feelings are such a burden to you." I said.

"Rosie I didn't mean it like that." she said and I got up, "No it's fine, I know exactly what you meant." I replied before storming out of my room.

I grabbed my phone that I had left on the counter and my mothers car keys. I had my drivers license so it wasn't very surprising that I was going for a ride.

When I was about to leave I bumped into Conrad, Beck was still on the rock covering the portrait so it was just him.

He noticed the tears in my eyes and was now concerned. "Rosie? Are you okay?" he asked and I didn't reply.

I walked towards my mothers car and Conrad followed me, "Where are you going?" he asked. I got into the front seat and drove off leaving a very confused Conrad.

While I drove to god knows where Conrad walked into the house. He put all of Becks supplies on the counter and walked upstairs, he saw my mother sitting on my bed and walked into the room.

"What did you say to her?" he asked with a concerned expression, "Conrad..." my mother began to say but now he understood.

When he walked into the room my mother had a guilty expression on her face, before I had told Conrad that whenever me and my mom got into arguments she'd say insensitive things, and sometimes those things would hurt me.

He scoffed before walking out of the room, he walked into his own bedroom while I was still driving.

A couple minutes later I pulled the parking lot of a less known beach. Me and Conrad used to bike here all the time, we would sit down and watch the sunset in peace and forget about all our problems.

I sat down in the same spot that me and the brunette used to sit. I watched as the waves hit each other while tears fell from my eyes.

While I sat there I remember that I had to be home soon enough to get ready for Laurels book party.

Fuck my life
———————————————————————

Hey everyone! This chapter I find is more boring so i'm sorry everyone. Moments like these makes me hate Mariah. Rosie don't over dramatic, she just has lots of past trauma that her mother overlooks which upsets her. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

1186 words