[14] volleyball

After last night I went into my room and went to bed, I didn't sleep very well considering my mind was only thinking about Conrad

After last night I went into my room and went to bed, I didn't sleep very well considering my mind was only thinking about Conrad. Maybe I exaggerated a little last night, but what he said hurt me a lot, and i'm extremely stubborn and could hold a grudge.

When I woke up the sun was shinning through my window, I rolled onto my side and read the time on my alarm, it was only 8 am.

As I shut my eyes to go back to bed I remembered something, it was Belly's birthday.

I blinked a few times before getting out of bed and getting ready, I brushed through my hair and put on a baggy shirt with a pair of loose shorts.

I applied some concealer and mascara before walking downstairs, when I walked downstairs and saw everyone, minus Belly, in the kitchen.

They were cooking pancakes for her birthday and everyone has smiles on their faces, except Conrad.

I was smiling until my eyes met with Conrad's, everything he said to me came rushing back and my smile faded. Before anyone could notice I quickly put a fake smile on my face and said my good mornings.

I sat down on the island beside Steven and the boy noticed something was off about me, he gave me a comforting look and I smiled in return.

As everyone was getting stuff ready for Belly to come down, we heard footsteps walking down the stairs, well at least I did.

I watched the kitchen entrance waiting for the girl to walk in. I blocked out the conversation everyone was having while I listened to the footsteps get closer and closer.

Belly walked into the kitchen and my eyes were filled with joy, the younger girl looked beautiful. "Morning everyone." Belly said, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

"Hey! Happy birthday!" everyone said in sync, I got off my chair and gave the girl a hug. "Happy birthday Bels, you looks gorgeous." I said into her ear and I could feel her smiling against my shoulder.

I pulled away and let Susannah great Belly, "There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral. Happy birthday." Susannah said and Belly just smiled.

Everyone greeted Belly and last was her mom, she told Belly that her pancakes were almost ready, but what she said kind of surprised all of us. "Actually i'm not really hungry." Belly replied, usually that was Belly's favourite part of her birthday, having breakfast all together and the supper, what changed?

"Oh..." Laurel said in disappointment, "Shall we open gifts?" my mom suggested. "Oh! You're gonna love mine." Jere said.

"I'll go grab mine." I said rushing towards upstairs, I grabbed the gift bag in my closet and made my way downstairs.

Everyone was sitting in the living room and of course, the only spot left for me was next to Conrad. I wasn't sure why it surprised me though, we sat in the same spots every year, and mine was always beside Conrad.