[8] first day

When we got there Steven went off to his job at the snack shop while me and Jere went to the locker room

When we got there Steven went off to his job at the snack shop while me and Jere went to the locker room. Our boss explained to us all of the rules and how many lifeguards there would be on duty at all times.

Since there were three lifeguards on duty at all times, one side had one chairs and the other side had two chairs beside each other. Of course me and Jere took the chairs beside each other.

They gave us a whistle and allowed Jere to keep his shirt on, and me keep my shorts on.

We walked over to the high chairs and climbed up, it was pretty calm today so me and Jere just talked the whole time. One of us would keep our eyes on the pool incase something did happen.

"Hey Jeremiah." a girl yelled, I looked over to see Gigi. I liked the girl she was very nice, but she had a very bad obsession with Jeremiah. I just found it a little concerning the lengths she would go for him to notice her or the things she'd say. Whatever, as long as she wasn't after Conrad I was fine with it.

"Hey Gigi." he replied, "I didn't know you two were working here this summer." Gigi said. Neither did I.

A kid began to cough and Jere blew his whistle, "Hey Billy! No chocking, all right?" I yelled at the boy who was chocking his brother.

The kid splashed Gigi and she glared at the kid, "Jeremiah!" Gigi yelled. "Aren't you gonna save me?" she said swimming, I looked over at Jere and he was looking at her as if he was debating it.

I slapped his arm, "What?" he said looking at me. "Why don't you just ask her out of something. She clearly wants you." I said, "Yeah but i'm not sure how much I want her." he replied and I rolled my eyes.

The rest of our shift went by slow, our boss came to us and told us we were on break and I smiled. Thank the lord.

I told Jeremiah I was going to the bathroom and he nodded, when I went back out I saw him talking to Steven.

I walked up to them and saw Steven in his hairnet. I brushed out in laughter, "Even she sees it man." Jere said. "I'm sorry." I said trying to control my laughter.

"You should've became a lifeguard with us, and hardly anyone drowns." Jere said and I nodded, "Well i'll take the hairnet if it means I don't have to live with my mom freshman year." Steven said:

"Yeah you have a point." I replied, "Fair enough. Fair enough." Jere added. Jeremiah got up and stood beside Steven, "Take it all in Steven, this is all ours." Jeremiah said, talking about all the girls.

"You guys are disgusting." I replied, they just laughed and Jeremiah began talking about all the girls and guys he's hooked up with.

Me and Jeres boss came up to us and looked at me, "Hey Rosalie. The pool isn't really busy today and we already have to many lifeguards on duty right now. You can end your shift early." he said to me and I smiled.