[6] bonfire

When we were walking to the crowd I stopped them, "Wait you guys brought beer right?" I asked

When we were walking to the crowd I stopped them, "Wait you guys brought beer right?" I asked. Jere lifted up the cooler and I smiled, "Thank the lord." I replied.

Jere opened the cooler and tossed me a beer, I accepted it gratefully and opened it right away. There was plenty of people here and I barely knew any of them.

Conrad and Steven ended up separating from our group, but I was fine since I was with Jere. "I dint recognize any of these people." I
said and Jere looked over at me.

"We'll everyone's changed a lot since you've been gone Rosie. Don't stress it, just stay with me and you'll be fine." Jere said and I smiled. He gave me his arm, signalling for me to wrap mine around his.

I got the hint so that's what I did, me and Jere walked up to a group of people, arms linked.

"Yo Jeremiah!" a boy said with a smile, "Is this your girl?" he asked and we quickly let our arms go. "Oh no... we're just friends." Jere said, "Platonic" I added and the boy laughed.

"What's your name blondie?" he asked me, I already didn't like this guy. I never liked when people called me blondie, I could tolerate it from family or close friends but even then it wasn't my favourite. But now a guy I didn't know was calling me that? This was going to be a long night.

"Rosie" I deadpanned, "I'm Preston." he replied. "So do you have a boyfriend?" he asked me and Jere gave him a look. "Come on dude, shes like my sister so can you please stop hitting on her." Jere said in disgust.

"Hey Jere, i'm gonna go find Steven and Conrad." I said and he looked down at me, "You want me to come with you?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No it's fine. You can enjoy your night." I replied and he smiled at me, "Okay if any weird dudes come up to you just yell... um yell pigeon." Jere said and I looked at him confused.

"Uh okay." I replied unsure and he just laughed.

While I was looking for Steven and Conrad I had finished my beer, since Jere didn't have the cooler anymore I knew that one of them would, I hoped.

I spotted Steven with a girl talking, I didn't want to ruin their mode but I really needed a beer.

I walked up to them with a smile, "Hi im Rosie." I said to the girl. She looked over at Steven in confusion before I stepped in. "Oh my god no. It's not what you think, our moms are best friends." I said and she let out a breath in relief.

"I'm Shayla." she greeted, "Your name is so pretty." I replied and she smiled. "I love yours too. Is it a nickname or is Rosie your actual name?" she asked me.

"Oh no it's not my real name. My actual name is Rosalie but nobody calls me that." I replied and she nodded with a smile. "Steven do you know where the cooler is?" I asked him and he began looking around.

"It's with Conrad, over there." he said pointing at Conrad, the boy was sitting down on the sand with a girl. I watched them lean into each other and my heart dropped.