𝘠𝘰𝘶

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but here's a new oneshot! It's set in season 8, and it's basically how I'd wanted the whole Cassidy situation/debacle to go down.

At the end of a long duet rehearsal, the room was silent once again, the ghost of the music still echoing in the room.

"It's getting late, Ozzy." He looked up a bit startled, before straightening himself again. "Yep." He answered quickly, popping the 'P'. A thin smile graced his lips, but his eyes didn't quite meet hers. She noticed everything. How he fiddled with his fingers, to how he would advert his gaze to anywhere but hers. His mouth opened as if he wanted to say something, but then quickly closed it once he noticed.

Richelle raised her eyebrows curiously, "Is there something you wanted to say?" She was always alert and aware of her surroundings and the people around her, especially with him. 

"Um, no," He said, shaking his head. "It's nothing important." But before he could say anything else, Richelle already saw through him. 

"Cut the crap, Ozzy. It's about Cassidy, isn't it?"  

"Cassidy?" 

Ignoring the surprised tone of his voice, she stepped in front of him, pressing him for more answers. "Yeah, I've noticed. I wasn't born yesterday you know, I know you two are quite close." She stated matter-of-factly. "Cassidy and you-" 

"-We're not." He had never dared to interrupt her before. "We're friends. Just friends." 

"Well, I think she's nice." She replied, waving him off. "She's a great girl, kind as well, helping us with the video. I don't think I'd have made it past the qualifiers if it wasn't for her, and you of course." She was met with silence. 

"If it isn't her, then is there something else you're worried about?" Richelle continued. 

More silence. 

He took a shaky breath, trying to think of ways to answer her question. "Someone else." He started. "Yes, she's kind and all that, but she's not my home. I don't feel comfortable with Cassidy as I do with her. She's the fiercest, most loyal, dedicated, hardworking girl I know." The words kept tumbling out. "She's confident, ambitious, and probably the best dancer I've ever met."

His deep brown eyes bore into hers, and she found herself easily getting lost in them. Her heart skipped the tiniest of beats. 

"She isn't you."