𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 2 '𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬'

This oneshot is inspired by Dua Lipa's song: Homesick. It is set in 07x23 - play it again Finn, and it is linked to dance mania part 1 so please read that!

'ʏᴏᴜ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.'

SECOND PERSON POV:
After all that solo fiasco earlier, Ozzy felt hopeless. Not even his own team believed in him as he heard the groans of disappointment behind him as his name got announced for the musical theatre solo. Tired and sad, he dropped to the floor, sprawled across the stage. How could he have the enthusiasm to perform well when his own team didn't?

"Hey." He heard a voice on the other side of the room, and he could already tell it was Richelle. He'd cheered her up yesterday, but now he was the one in her shoes and he needed a friend. Ozzy didn't even bother to look up and managed to whisper a "hey." back.

"You alright?" She asked, walking over to join him on the floor.
"Not really." He answered, looking at her with a pained expression on his face.
"I saw what happened." She said, her mind flashing back to a few minutes ago. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked over to her.
"You did? Yeah, I should've guessed." Ozzy replied with the same monotone voice. 

"Well, all I know is that you're going to crush this resurrection round." Richelle said, looking into his eyes sincerely.
"How?! When practically the whole team doesn't even believe in me?" I don't think I can do it. Can't I like... fake an injury or something to get out of it?" He questioned desperately. She was shocked he'd even think about himself this way.

"Ozzy, you can't quit now! Since when did you back out of a dance battle?! Especially one as big as this?" Richelle asked, turning to face him.
"Yeah, but it's against Curtis. I don't have the team's support, he's amazing, but I'm not. I'm just..." he trailed off, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"How can you say that?" Where was the Ozzy who so determinedly told me to keep competing yesterday? Where was the Ozzy that was there for me at Nationals when no one turned an eye in my direction? Ozzy, you're just as amazing as Curtis, if not; even better! Believe in yourself. I believe in you. I don't care if the team doesn't, but I do. Now you go out there and thrash the competition!" She said encouragingly, patting him on the back. He was amazed and stared at her after hearing her whole speech. "I- uh, wow, Richelle, thanks!" He spluttered, but she knew he was so grateful for that.

~
'ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴏʜ ɪ ᴡɪꜱʜ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ.'

With newfound confidence, Ozzy proudly stood on the stage, ready to take on anybody.
"Hey, Ozzy!" His head snapped over to where the team was standing, and they all unzipped their jackets. "#Ozzyresurrected is trending!" The team had put together this? He was even more enthusiastic about performing now!
"Can Curtis from Hard Ice please step on the dance floor!" The host announced, looking over to Curtis.
"You're about to get frozen." Curtis whispered coldly in Ozzy's ear, in a tone that only he could hear. He held a gulp all through Curtis' performance, and he didn't want to admit it, but he was more amazing than he could've ever thought.

"Wow, Curtis! That was EPIC. Now, can Ozzy from The Next Step top that performance?" His eyes darted everywhere across the room, and they landed on Richelle. She gave him a small smile and a nod of encouragement, and it was all that he needed. Confidently, he walked onto the stage, and at that moment, it was the best feeling ever. Throughout the whole solo, Richelle couldn't help but imagine him as a dancer on broadway, as he certainly did look like one! She was so unbelievably proud of him for overcoming his fears and tearing up the dance floor with his amazing dance moves and charisma.

Halfway through the dance, Ozzy looked over at Richelle, winked at her, then did Michelle's iconic hair whip move, making her laugh. Then he finished off the dance, and there was a standing ovation throughout the whole auditorium. "Ozzy, from The Next Step!" The host tried to shout over the loud cheering from the crowd.

"I gotta ask, I gotta ask," Frederico began, "what went through your mind when you delivered that stunning performance?" 
"Someone reminded me of my worth, and that she believed in me, so I should too. If anything, this whole dance was for her."
The whole audience let out an adoring "awwww," and Richelle could feel his eyes on her. "Thank you," he whispered to her. He outstretched his arms, and she immediately ran down to hug him as another wave of cheers could be heard throughout the audience.
"Thank you, so, so much Richelle. I couldn't have done it without you." He whispered, still in their embrace. "Oh please, Ozzy. It was all you. Don't ever doubt yourself again. Okay?" She told him.
"I won't, thanks to you."