𝘚𝘢𝘺 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘞𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘎𝘰

Ooh, look who's updating twice in a day! This oneshot is based on S8x17 - how do you solve a problem like Maria?

'ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ; ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴏ.'

RICHELLE'S POV:
Wait... Do I like Ozzy? Oh shoot. I do. Now that I think about it, Ozzy's been there for me so many times, without a doubt: every time I needed his help, he was there. I already had feelings for him during Step Inside, when he stepped in after Shad walked out, saving our duet, but I just didn't know how much.

Today had just proven it to be more true. He'd taken time to personally drive me over to pro division, and even stayed with me through the whole thing, supporting me through everything. And when Maria tried to sabotage my chances of making it, he'd found a way to get the full video, making life a thousand times easier.

What did I do to deserve such a great friend? But he wasn't my best friend. He's so much more than just a best friend.

'ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴏ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ. ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛꜱ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ɢᴏʟᴅ.'

OZZY'S POV:

As Richelle's gaze was fixed on me, it wasn't possible to feel more in love with her. I thought I was over her last year, but our friendship just brought us closer, and now she was Richelle. Not some girl I'd put on a pedestal. I'd managed to push my feelings down for her last year, but they'd only grown since I started to ignore them.

I wanted to pull her in for a hug more than anything when I saw her at dancemania. I knew when she used her sass to cover up her loneliness and pain she was hiding. I could sense her true feelings from a mile away. I also knew the immense look of pride she had when she watched me dance the solo, and how much I'd wanted to walk up to her and kiss her.

But I couldn't. I knew she still didn't like me the way I liked her, she'd made that perfectly clear a couple of years ago. And well, Richelle's...Richelle, and not me. She was my best friend, and if I did something this big? It would ruin what we had. Our friendship, everything we have. I couldn't risk it. I'll have to tell her eventually: I can't keep hiding my feelings for her like this anymore, but just not today. Today, we were just best friends, dancing to relieve the stress after pro division auditions.

Short but sweet, lowkey a vibe.