𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦

Happy early Valentine's Day! This oneshot is based on Laufey's song: Valentine (linked above). It's a really great song, you should listen to it while reading this, as I've written the oneshot based on the lyrics of her song! It definitely sets you in the right mood and atmosphere for Valentine's Day. The episode referenced is S8x14: What'd I miss?

RICHELLE POV:
I haven't been able to open up my heart since Elliot broke up with me, but Ozzy changed everything. He loved me more than anyone ever did, and I find that a bit... weird. It's a nice weird, it's just that I was not used to someone being as loving as Ozzy is to me. 

Truth is, I already knew it wasn't going to work out with Elliot; he didn't have what I wanted, because he wasn't Ozzy. 

"Hey." I heard someone whisper behind me, interrupting my thoughts. I find a smile creep up my face when I realize who it is.

"Hey, Ozzy." His face looked slightly surprised, and I didn't know what was going on.

"Are you alright?" I asked, concern washing over me.

"No... it's just that, you are so so pretty." He breathed, leaving me awestruck. I was still contemplating what to say. 

"You're pretty too!..." I'd realized how weird that sounds, but I really didn't know how to respond. No one had ever told me that before. No one had looked at me before like Ozzy did to me now.  

"I was just wondering... If you wanted to hang out, and maybe grab dinner together sometime." He quietly asked, chuckling at my remark earlier.  

"I- um- yeah, sure-!" I silently cursed myself while he continued to sip at his drink. Boys don't make me nervous! I never stutter! But Ozzy does. Who am I now? I've never let boys distract me, and suddenly here Ozzy is, and somehow, I'm fine with it. Oh god, someone please help me.  

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot, Happy valentine's day!" He announced while producing a neatly wrapped satin box from his back pocket. 

"Wow, Ozzy! What's this? You didn't have to." I said, but then I suddenly realized something and scrambled to explain myself. "Oh wait... I didn't bring anything for you." I admit, looking down at the table.  I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and looked up to face Ozzy, who was looking right into my eyes. 

"Richelle, I don't need a gift," He started, a sincere smile creeping up on his face. "You're more than enough for me already. Now open the gift!" He said excitedly, giddy and excited to see my reaction. 

Carefully, I traced my fingers over the velvet pink ribbon and slowly untied it, revealing a... compass? "A... compass?" I repeated my question aloud, genuinely curious. "It's so that if you ever feel lost, you'll always be able to find your way back home." He explained. I was slightly taken aback, Ozzy is really sweet. 

"Is it cringey? It's cringey. You know what? I'll just take it back..." He stumbled over his words, taking the compass back. 

"No, no, no, it's... beautiful," I began, as he handed the compass back to me. "It's so good to know that I'll always be able to find my way back home." Suddenly, I felt a rush of confidence and my feelings for him washed full force over me. 

"But I've already found it." I whispered. Closing the distance between us, I stepped forward, but before I could react, his hands gently cupped my cheeks, and the next thing I felt was his lips on mine. Nothing else mattered at this moment, and the world just fell away. I'd always known it was him, since dancemania, when he was the only one that I'd miss terribly when I went solo, and he was the person who's opinion on me coming back to the team mattered the most. 

"wow." I managed to say, still out of breath and red-cheeked. I felt my heart beat twice as fast, but the second I felt his forehead resting on mine, everything was normal again. 

"Richelle, you don't have to say anything, but I want to say that- I still love you. Even more now. That's one thing that's never changed." He finished, gently pressing a kiss to my forehead. 

I used to have nothing to lose when I left for dancemania, but now, I had everything to lose. Ozzy was my home. My everything. There were butterflies everywhere, every time he was near me, even down to the tips of my bones.

"It's fine," I stopped him, "Because... I love you too." He suddenly pulled me in for a tight embrace, and I instantly melted at the slight of his touch. "I love you." I heard him say under his breath as he stroked my hair, still hugging me. 

Yesterday's Richelle would not have known what had hit her. She'd blink, and suddenly she has a valentine.

This one was too adorable for my heart to handle <3 

I love writing them sm!