【Chapter 10 】

⎯⎯ ୨ 現行犯で捕まった ୧ ⎯⎯

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TW: minor swearing

It was two in the morning and Mikey had just finished throwing up again. Weakly, he stood up and walked out of the bathroom after cleaning up and went to his Sensei's room. He opened the door and saw his Sensei laying on his back perfectly straight. "Papa?" Mikey called. Splinter's eyes shot open and he turned towards his son who is standing at the doorway. "My son? Did it happen again?" Splinter sat up, Mikey nods, and as soon as he steps forward, Mikey passes out. Splinter acted fast and quickly caught Mikey. "My son?!" Splinter called. Splinter placed a hand over his son's head and neck, feeling his pulse and temperature. His temperature was high but heart beat was as normal as can get. Splinter gently lays Mikey down on his bed before rushing out and getting a cold towel. Once he returns he is shown holding 5 wet towels in a bucket full of cold water, he placed one of Mikey's head, both wrists and ankles. "My son, are you ok?" Splinter lightly shook Mikey. Splinter sighed when he heard no response. The rat placed his palms on Michelangelo's chest and began to meditate.

His eyes were wide and his hands were shaking. He slammed the laptop shut and stood up, walking around numerous amount of times whilst holding his face with dread.
Donnie felt sweat pour down his face alongside a few tears. He looked towards the entrance and saw his Spy-roach returning to him. "Thank you. Spy-roach." Donnie whimpered as he picked up the insect. Taking off the camera and setting the insect in its home. Donnie slumped down onto his chair and breathed heavily. "What did I just witness..." Donnie cried silently.
"No, no no no no no no. This can't be happening, not to my little brother..." Donnie glanced up at the flower in the glass container. "Is that why he always has his mask around his neck?" Donnie pants, covering his eyes with his arm.
"It makes so much sense now... why he hasn't been in training much. Why Sensei favours him... well... helps him now I suppose... why he always looks so tired- but- but how- how did this happen?" Donnie rested his elbows on the table and grunted as he began to get a headache from the lack of answers. "Why- why didn't they tell us-?! Why-!" Donnie grilled his mask before swiftly standing up and storming out of the lair.

The night was chilly and unlike any other, the stars were nowhere to be seen due to the light pollution. Donnie was on the rooftop throwing a tantrum. Frustration, confusion, anger, betrayal and so many other emotions overwhelmed the poor turtle. "Why?! How?! Why him?! How did I not notice before?! For FUCKS SAKE!" Donnie cried. "Why is he throwing up blood and flowers-?! Not only that but poisonous flower-?! How is that possible-? Hanahaki? No... impossible he doesn't like anyone... not that I'm aware of-?! It doesn't even exist-! WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US?! WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME?! My brother is dying right in front of us yet we're BLIND to it!" Donnie shouts to no one in particular.
Suddenly a group of Kraang bots surrounded Donatello. The purple-masked turtle twisted around and saw he was ambushed. But he didn't care. He grabbed his Bō and the blade popped out, "Let's get this over and done with..." Donnie panted as he then screamed and began to attack the bots.

——

It is early the next morning and Leo was up and ready. Leo did some stretches in the living room before turning on the TV and sitting down. He then heard some ruckus in the lab and Leo turned towards it. He paused the TV and waited for a few seconds. A loud bang could be heard and it made Leo jump. The oldest jumped up to his feet and ran to the door, slamming it open, there he saw his second youngest brother kicking a bin over, Donnie was covered in bandages and this caused Leo to be concerned, "Donnie? What happened to you? Why are you so upset?" Leo asked, Donnie snapped his attention towards Leo and the oldest saw the bags under Donnie's unmasked eyes. "Donnie, are you okay? Did you sleep last night? Have you been crying?" Leo rushed toward his tallest brother, "No, Leo, I'm not okay." Donnie grumbled as took a sample of the Nerium flower pollen, "What are you doing? Donnie, what's wrong? What's going on?" Leo placed a hand on Donnie's shoulder. Donnie paused and turned to Leo, "I'll tell you when we do Morning patrol. That way I won't have to repeat myself to Raph..." Donnie shrugged Leo's hand off. "Is it bad?" "What do you think Leo." Leo looked away at his brother's reply and sighed, "How bad?"
.
.
.
.
"Really bad."