【Chapter 9 】

⎯⎯ ୨ もうすぐそこです  ୧ ⎯⎯

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Ice cream kitty!" Mikey pouted as he opened the freezer door, seeing his beloved cat. "I'm bored! My bro's are out on another mission and Sensei forced me to stay behind." Mikey explained, Ice cream kitty meowed and licked his nose, "Hehehe. I'm glad I have something to look forward to during the day." Mikey beamed as he licked his nose and ate the ice cream. Ice cream kitty meowed with concern as she saw the bags under Mikey's eyes and how shaken his arms were, "I'm okay, Kitty." Mikey smiled, "I'll be fine." Mikey hugged ice cream kitty, sighing softly at the coldness against his warm skin.
"Michelangelo?" A soft voice called from the entrance of the kitchen, "Sensei." Mikey smiled weakly as he turned to his father. "How are you, my son? I heard you last night..." Sensei frowned, "I'm as okay as I can get sensei." Mikey turned to Ice cream kitty before kissing her head and shutting the freezer door. "But... lately I have been feeling really tired and shaky.." Mikey looks down at his hands and body. "I can see. I sense your soul and body are being attacked by more than this... current condition you are in. I can also see it in your body language and your eyes." Splinter raised a hand and patted his youngest son's head, feeling pity. "I wish there was more I could do for you, my son..." Splinter whispers, Mikey smiled softly and hugged his father, "It's okay papa... I'll be just fine." Splinter, however, knowing that he wasn't going to be fine couldn't help but let out a whimper and hugged his son tightly.

"Yo, Donnie you okay?" Raph asked looking at his younger brother who kept nodding off, "Huh-? What? Yeah, I'm fine... just feeling exhausted for some reason.." Donnie yawned, "Did you stay up late?" Leo asked, "No. I went to bed at the same time as everyone else... you know... I've been feeling like this since Mikey gave me that flower..." Donnie yawned, "The pink one you told us about? Maybe it's to do with the flower? Is it dangerous or something?" Raph asked, "I'll have to check when we get back to the lair." Donnie scratched his hands, they felt extremely itchy.

—time skip—

It had been an hour since the three arrived home and Donnie was now in his lab, he had downloaded a specialist app to scan a flower and tell you everything about it. Once it downloaded Donnie raised the camera towards the flower in a vase and took a picture of it. The app scanned the picture before pulling up the name.
Donnie read it out.

(Quick warning for the no-plant lovers/lazy readers. You can skip until you reach the part in bold, the info is important)

"Nerium oleander, most commonly known as oleander or nerium, is a shrub or small tree cultivated worldwide in temperate and subtropical areas as an ornamental and landscaping plant. It is the only species currently classified in the genus Nerium, belonging to the subfamily Apocynoideae of the dogbane family Apocynaceae. It is so widely cultivated that no precise region of origin has been identified, though it is usually associated with the Mediterranean Basin.

Nerium grows to 2–6 metres (7–20 feet) tall. It is most commonly grown in its natural shrub form, but can be trained into a small tree with a single trunk. It is tolerant to both drought and inundation, but not to prolonged frost. White, pink or red five-lobed flowers grow in clusters year-round, peaking during the summer. The fruit is a long narrow pair of follicles, which splits open at maturity to release numerous downy seeds.

Nerium contains several toxic compounds, and it has historically been considered a poisonous plant. However, its bitterness renders it unpalatable to humans and most animals, so poisoning cases are rare and the general risk for human mortality is low. Ingestion of larger amounts may cause nausea, vomiting, excess salivation, abdominal pain, bloody diarrhoea and irregular heart rhythm. Prolonged contact with the sap may cause skin irritation, eye inflammation and dermatitis."

Donnie gasps and dropped his T-phone. "I could be poisoned-?!" Donnie gulped and quickly began to research treatment. But found none. "No! No! No! I can't die like this! I'm too young to die!" Donnie quickly took a sample from the flower and began to experiment.
"How did Mikey get to this flower-?" Donnie questioned as he did everything he could.

After hours of working and blasting music to mute everything else in the outer world, Donnie had finally found a cure. He made a pill for emergency and a cream for his own symptoms, Donnie placed the cream on his hands and waited for the cream the settle in. After a few minutes, he was feeling better already. Donnie sighed with relief before checking his vitals and whatnot. After seeing that everything was fine Donnie rushed out of the lab, "Mikey!" Donnie called.
After a few seconds, Mikey rushed out of his room panting, "What is it, dude? I didn't break anything! Swear!" Mikey panted. "You tired aren't you?" Donnie asked. Mikey nodded, "come in." Donnie grabbed Mikey's arms and tugged him into the lab.

Donnie settled his little brother on a chair and pulled out some cream, "give me your hands Mikey." Donnie said. The youngest, who was confused, gave his brothers his hands. When Donnie looked down he was shocked to see there was no irritation to the skin. "Oh..." Donnie put down the cream, "Well- anyway Mikey I have something to ask you." Donnie said, sitting down across from his younger brother. Mikey gulped and nodded, gesturing for Donnie to continue. "I was wondering where you got that Nerium Flower from." Donnie said sternly, "Because you haven't left the lair in almost two weeks and you couldn't of just randomly popped up a flower." Donnie held his own hands as he talked. "I um... found it?" Mikey said uncertainty laced in his voice.
"Where?" Donnie raised a non-existent brow. "Why are you so bothered?" Mikey slumped in his chair, "Because Mikey. This flower is poisonous!" Donnie pointed at the flower in now a trapped compartment. Mikey's eyes widened, "Poisonous?" Mikey whispered as he stared at the flower. His body tensed.
"Yes. Extremely. It can even cause death. Mikey, I get these are in New York and all that, but how and where did you get them from?" Donnie asked.
Mikey looked at Donnie before quickly standing up and rushing out of the lab, running to his room and locking the door.
"Mikey!" Donnie called after him, but soon calmed down with a sigh.

"Let's see what Spy-roach catches for me~"