【Chapter 5 】

⎯⎯ ୨ リンク? ୧ ⎯⎯

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

It was four AM. panting and vomiting could be heard from the bathroom along with silent cries.
There laying over the toilet was Michelangelo, blood coated his mouth and petals fell elegantly onto the floor and into the toilet. "Papa... I can't." Mikey cried. There, standing behind Mikey was his father and teacher. "It hurts." Mikey sobbed, his hold on the toilet tightened as he threw up more blood, no petals or flowers this time. "I know my son. I am sorry you have to go through this." Splinter's heart was in pieces, having to witness your youngest son suffer and there was simply nothing you could do about it, he felt utterly useless. "Papa..." Mikey pleaded for his father's attention, "What is it, Mikey..." Splinter leaned down, "Leo said something earlier at dinner... do you think all of this is linked to the bite?" Mikey cringed, Splinter's eyes travelled to the spot on Mikey's neck, inspecting it closely. "I will have to check tomorrow when your brothers go out for morning patrol." Splinter sighed, "Why do we have to wait so long!" Mikey cried, "because I have more access to equipment without them here. No distractions. No teachings, it's just you and I." Splinter gently stroked Mikey's head.
"I hate my life." Mikey hung his head low, "Michelangelo! Do not ever speak those words again!" Splinter sternly instructed. "Can you blame me? Papa, I don't want to argue with you.." Mikey teared up. Splinter took a breath, "have you finished? You haven't thrown up in a while." Splinter pointed out, "I think so... thanks for being here papa." Mikey smiled, flushing the toilet and cleaning the floor and toilet seat. Splinter helped him by cleaning his son's face with a towel, "Mikey... why do you want to keep this a secret from your brothers?" Splinter asked. "As much as I love them Sensei... I just can't handle this with everyone's attention." Mikey shook his head, "everyone's?" Splinter repeated. "Donnie will most likely tell April, April will tell Casey, Casey will tell Mondo, you know what I'm getting at? I don't want to handle this with everyone's eyes on me." Mikey sniffed, "I understand my son." Splinter hugged his son. Not too tight but not light either. His ears were low and his tail felt heavy. "I'm so sorry." Splinter sighed. Mikey hugged back, "I'm tired papa... can I go to bed now?" Mikey asked, "Let me escort you." Splinter broke the hug and gently placed a hand on Mikey's back. Pushing his son to his room.
Splinter tucked him in and read him a book. When soft snores could be heard in the room, Splinter stood up, put the book away and kissed his son's head. Walking out and closing the door.
Splinter calmly made his way to his room. Once the door was closed. Tears began to soak his fur.

(FINALLY AN ARTIST I KNOW = found on Twitter : Aya24785082 )