【Chapter 2 】

⎯⎯ ୨ 最後の平和な日 ୧ ⎯⎯

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

It was early morning and Mikey woke up with the discomfort of a tense neck. He sat up and glanced at the time, 6:29 am. He sighed and slightly touches the spot on his neck, he flinched and stood up, not bothering to put on his mask.
Mikey tiredly walked towards Donnie's lab and saw his big brother awake, writing some stuff on a notebook, "Donnie?" Mikey called, rubbing his eyes, Donnie looked at him, "Hey, Mikey. How come you are up so early? It's not 7:30 am yet." Donnie raised his goggles, "Yeah, I know, I just wanted to ask if you can check out this spot on my neck. I got it yesterday, I think I've been bit but it really hurts." Mikey asked, "Hm, come here, let me have a look." Donnie waved for Mikey to come closer. Mikey went forward and turned around once he was in front of his brother. Donnie looked at the back of Mikey's neck and hummed, "It does look like a bite but it's unusually big. Just put some cream on it and see if that will calm down the swelling, have some painkillers for the pain. I don't really know what else to suggest." Donnie shrugged, "Oh ok. Do you know where the cream is?" Mikey asked, Donnie stood up and walked to a cabinet in the corner of his lab, he opened it and took out some cream. "It says here that the spot should be gone within a week if you do this every morning and night. Make sure not to move your head around too much though okay? You'll only irritate it." Donnie gave Mikey the cream, the boy nodded, thanked his older brother and walked off.
Mikey went to the bathroom, took some painkillers and went to bed. Mikey applied the cream before laying down and falling asleep

Mikey groaned at the sound of his alarm, he turned and switched it off. He sat up and rubbed out the sleep in his eyes. He took his mask, put it on and then left his room, "morning dudes." Mikey yawned as he walked to the kitchen and stuck in some toast. "Jeez Mike, the hell is that on your neck?" Raph asked who was sitting at the table having cereal. "Hm? Oh, it's just a bite." Mikey yawned, "What kind? A love bi-?" Raph smirked but he was cut off by Leo smacking his head, "DUDE-?" Raph growled, "Don't even start, Raph." Leo glared.
Mikey gave them a confused look but was too tired to care. "What time does Training start?" Mikey asked, "It starts in an hour." Leo answered, "Is your gear dry?" Leo continued. "It should be. I'll go check now, is it okay if you can butter my toast?" Mikey asked, Leo nodded and Mikey walked off.

Mikey saw his gear outside and picked it up, it felt and looked dry so he put it on and went back inside. He placed his hand on his chest, "My chest feels so tight." Mikey grunted. Mikey made sure his gear was on correctly and neatly before going into the kitchen, now seeing all his brothers there including sensei. "Good morning my son. How did you sleep?" Splinter asked, "Okay I guess? Could've been better." The youngest shrugged, "what has troubled you?" Splinter asked, raising his tea to his lips. Mikey went around the table and sat at his seat, Leo passing him the now buttered toast, Mikey nodded in a gesture of gratitude, "I was bit yesterday at the back of my neck, I just can't rest easy with it. That's all." Mikey began to eat, ignoring the feeling in his chest. "Hm, make sure not to move your neck too much. Did you put cream on it?" Splinter asked, "Yes, I did this morning." Mikey answered with his mouth full. Splinter only nodded, "My sons, once you clean up meet me at the dojo and we shall start training." Splinter said before standing up and walking off.

Mikey yelped as he felt Raph's feet knock him over. The youngest quickly stood up and backed away, "C'mon Mike. Where's the spirit in you today?" Raph asked, pouncing towards Mikey. The youngest dodged but had enough time to wrap his nunchuck chain around Raph and swing him around before shooting him across the dojo. "Bahahaha!" Mikey laughed before freezing, realising his mistake, "MIKEY!!" Raph screamed as he readied his sai's and body slammed Mikey to the ground, Mikey yelped as he fought back. However, when he felt the handle of Raph's sai Colliding with his plastron, Mikey felt a surge of pain run through his body. He quickly kicked Raph off before clumsily getting up and running to the bathroom. The youngest fell in front of the toilet but his body never took the action to throw up. So Mikey just sat there, waiting for his body to decide whether to puke or not.
Raph, Leo and Donnie came rushing to the door, "Mikey! You okay?" The brothers asked in sync, running into the bathroom and crouching in front of their grunting brother, "Hugh, I don't know, dudes. I feel so sick.." Mikey whimpered. "Sick?" Donnie pondered, "That might be my fault. I did hit his chest pretty hard with my Sai. Hey, sorry Mikey." Raph apologised. "It's okay, bro." Mikey smiled. "Go to bed and rest up. I'll come wake you in an hour before patrol okay?" Leo announced. Mikey nodded and stood up with the help of his brother's. Limping towards his room.

His body fell onto the mattress and the boy immediately collapsed into a slumber.

存在する必要があります