【Chapter 8 】

⎯⎯ ୨ 特別な扱い ୧ ⎯⎯

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"
A loud scream boomed the lair, it was Raphael with the Spy-Roach on his shell. Leo smirked watching his younger brother have a heart attack whilst Mikey held a slipper to kill the Roach. But every time Mikey swung Raph ran away. "Dude! Stay still!" Mikey complained, "don't you dare kill that roach Mikey!" Donnie warned as he entered the kitchen holding his laptop.
"DONNIE! GET THIS THING OFFA ME!" Raph screamed, Donnie roles his eyes and calmly walks to Raph, Donnie put his finger out for the roach to climb on to which the insect happily did so. Raph let out a heavy sigh of relief before growling and turning to his younger brother, "did you learn nothing from last time?! Why are you still using a cockroach!" Raph huffed, "it's easier to work with." Donnie simply said and placed the insect on the table, "and Mikey, I'd appreciate if you don't try and kill my spy with a slipper." Donnie said with a sarcastic tone. "Sure sure. Whatever you say dude." Mikey said and threw the slipper at Raph, the slipper slapped Raph across the face, "WHY YOU-!" "Raphael!" Suddenly the room for tense as Splinter walked in, "behave yourself." Sensei ordered sternly, "what? ME?! Mikey threw a slipper at my head!" Raph shouted, "ok ok! I admit, I did do that!" Mikey put his hands up, "would you care to explain why?" Splinter raised a brow, Mikey looked to the side, he had no explanation for what he did, he just did it, "brotherly bonding?" Mikey answered nervously, Splinter was about to smack his head before suddenly stopping, his hand hovering over the youngest's skin. With a sigh Splinter rested his hand on Mikey's head and gently caressed it. "Have a shower my son. You stink of yesterdays pizza." Splinter dismissed, Mikey nodded and ran to the bathroom.

All brothers stared in shock at the interaction, "Okay- sorry if this sounds rude n' all Sensei, but why is Mikey getting special treatment?!" Raph asked, "special treatment?" Splinter turned to Raph, "I have to admit Sensei... you have been less, I dunno, strict to Mikey than you usually are. It's making us curious why you are treating him so different now? And... why aren't we getting treated like this as well?" Leo hung his head down nervously, "is there something going on that we need to know of?" Donnie asked.
Splinter spared a glance at each of his sons before sighing, "some things are just better off not said." And with that, Splinter turned and left the kitchen.

Raph's mouth gritted as his fist met the counter, "I don't get it! What's going on?! What is Mikey and Sensei hiding?!" Raph growled in frustration, "that is what we are all wondering Raph." Leo sighed, "I'll have a word with Mikey later. See if I can get anything out of him." Leo looked down at his beverage, "No... I'll speak to him." Raph pushed himself off the counter roughly, "Raph! No you will not! You'll be too harsh!" Leo raised his voice, "harsh? HARSH?! Leo! How are you not bothered by this?! What if what their hiding is important and we will never know?!" Raph shouted, "I am just as bothered by this as you are! And shouting at Mikey and Sensei will get you no where! You'll just scare Mikey away and Sensei will just punish you!" Leo replied calmly with a long sigh, "as if! What you gonna do? Talk to him sweetly in hopes he'll cry to you about it?" Raph mocked Leo with a baby voice, "quit that Raph!" Leo growled, beginning to lose his patience.

Donnie looked between the two brothers before looking down at his laptop, Spy-Roach was on Donnie's shoulder watching the scene as well. Donnie gulped as he closed his laptop and quickly left the room, not wanting to hear his older brothers fight. Donnie rushed to his lab and sighed, closing the door behind him, "I'm worried Spy-roach... what if Raph's right? What if Mikey and Sensei are hiding something important..?" Donnie gently took the gear off of the cockroach and placed the insect in its living quarters. "But... if it was important, wouldn't sensei tell us?" Donnie took the small equipment to its charging station. "I'm getting a headache." Donnie sat down and remained silent. The muffled shouts of his brothers wasn't helping.
Donnie felt his eyes burn with stress and overwhelming emotion.

"What's going on?" His trembling voice whispered.

(I won't be uploading for a few days so- ahhahahahahaahhaahhaaha cliffhanger)