The Loving Cuddles

My daddy had been working on something huge the entire day, at least that's what it seemed like. I couldn't tell what it was, and he was keeping it a secret from everyone, but that wasn't my concern.

All I wanted was my daddy. Sweet attention from my daddy.

In the early morning I had been all bouncy and energetic, yet hours had passed now and I am the total opposite. I didn't want to bother anyone, as daddy told me never to do that and it was rude, but I was ready to go home.

Here I sit on the floor pouting and not even paying attention to what else was going on in the world around me until I felt two arms scoop me up off the cold tiles.

"Daddy!!" I exclaimed.

He laughed. "Aw, yes, sweetheart. I am here now. Let's go home, shall we?"

I nodded, feeling even more bubbly inside as he bounced me lightly in his arms.

Once we arrive home, he sets me down, but that isn't what I wanted. My daddy's cuddles are the best, especially when he's had a big day like this.

I see him, peacefully resting in bed, about to fall asleep...

When I jump on the bed like a cat, not meaning to cause a scene.

"Emma, sweetie, what are you doing? We should both be going to bed now."

"I wanna cuddle with you, daddy. I'm just in that mood..."

I give him puppy eyes, and my powerful ones win him over, where he opens his arms and takes me in them. His tight embrace is perfect; there is nothing better.

It wouldn't be long before I feel my eyes begin to close, and eventually fall into a deep sleep thanks to the feeling of being lovingly cuddled.

"Goodnight, baby Emma. I love you..."