Beautiful Babygirl

Troian's Pov

I squeeze my fists together tightly and give one last push, the immense pain now more unbearable than ever. The doctor says something, but I don't catch it. All I can hear is the crying of a baby. My baby.

After being weighed, she gets placed on my chest, covered in blood and other birthing fluids. Still, she's the most beautiful little human being I've ever laid my eyes on. Everything from her tiny toes to the chestnut brown hair on the top of her head.

Her crying starts to get quieter, and soon, she lays silently on my chest. I can't take my eyes off this precious angel that I have the privilege of calling my daughter.

She's perfect in every way.

The doctors clean her off the best they can with her laying on me. After a few minutes of the doctors poking and prodding at my daughter, she's finally all cleaned off, wrapped in a pale pink blanket, and sleeping peacefully in my arms.

I already love this little miracle more than I could have ever imagined, and I know that I will do anything to keep her happy and safe. I promise myself that I will give my daughter the best life I can possibly give her. Even though my child's father may not ever be in her life, I know we will be just fine without him.

Just me and my girl.