Chapter 23: That Familiar Feeling

(I do not own any of these characters or anime)

(This is a fanfiction so expect that not everything that happened in original anime kimetsu no yaiba/demon slayer happened in this story)

Chapter 23: That familiar feeling
---------------------------------------
Previously
Naruko look at Sasuke and to Rengoku biting her lip and trying to stop the tears welling up her eyes again, "We didn't save him in time. We're too late."
Now

Third Person's POV

"CAW CAW, KYOJURO RENGOKU KILLED LOWERMOON 1 BUT WAS KILLED BY UPPERMOON 3! CAW CAW..."

Rengoku's crow announced, tears falling out of its eyes. Kakushis rushed to the scene as they carried the trio. Some helped in carrying Rengoku's body.

Naruko and Sasuke watch from the sideline. "Another hashira passed away in our watch, Sasuke." Naruko whispered, a lone tear escaping her eyes. "Death is inevitable, Naru. All we can do is do our best to try and protect them from it." Sasuke put his arms around  her waist. "And besides, we still have to comeback for them right? We gotta protect our friends now that they're here." A small smile made it's way to his face to comfort his girlfriend which made her smile and nodded.
----------
"See?! They look alike!"
"No way!"
"What if what Sai said was true?"

The shinobis are gathering around the table looking at Sai's drawing of Sasuke and the man that saved them.

Well, they look alike. They have many similarities. A lot of similarities actually. Like the hair, the face shape, well kind of, but! The eyes is really really really, 100 thousands times really, similar.

"We need the answer from him." Kakashi sighed, "But, if that man is Sasuke, where's Naruto?"

"Guess we'll find out once we ask Sasuke-kun." Sakura said a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Well, speaking of, they're here."

They all turn around to see the two newly arrived slayers. "Are you guys ready?" Sasuke asked.

They all nodded silently observing him but Sakura stepped in, "Tell us, mister slayer, are you somehow connected to Uchiha Sasuke?"

Sasuke stiffened, but immediately composed himself. "What are you talking about?" he replied, rather cooly. Sakura took a deep breath, and showed him Sai's drawing. "The drawing on the left is Sasuke, and it's you on the right mister. You two have so many similarities. Please..if you know where Sasuke is, tell us." Sakura explained, her voice getting desperate.

"...or, are you  Sasuke-kun?" those last three words made Naruko and Sasuke nervous. "Naruko, you know you don't have a choice. You can't deny it, it'll be pointless to deny. No secrets can be kept forever afterall" Kurama said which Naruko immediately whispered to Sasuke. She tugged the hem of Sasuke's haori, "We have to tell them, we can't deny it anymore."

Sasuke sighed, "Why are you guys so determined to find them?" that question caught the shinobis off guard, "Because they are our friends, obviously!" Kiba shouted after composing himself. "Yeah! Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun are full of youthfulness! We shouldn't stop finding them even if it means conquering every world there is!" Lee joined Kiba.

"They saved us countless times, it's time we save them too."
"We owe them...a lot."
"They are like family to us."
"They inspire us, motivate us, they are more than friends."
"We're like siblings!"

The others soon joined in, Naruko have to hide behind Sasuke to hide her tears. Both sides of Sasuke's lips curved.

"Do you want to immediately know the truth or prioritise your safety and go to the demon slayer headquarters first before hearing the truth?"

"Safety is our first priority in this wold." Kakashi said, the konoha 12, now 9, was about to protest but one eye smile from Kakashi stopped them.

"Well then, let's go." Sasuke said, turning around and started to run. "I trust, that you guys could keep up with us, yeah?" Naruko smiled and followed after Sasuke.

"They expect us to keep up with them?! With that speed?!" Sakura yelled, but followed after which the rest followed.

Minutes of pure silence passed by and Sakura can't take it anymore. She sped up and run between the talking Sasuke and Naruko which made them side eye her.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but I can't take it anymore. I have thousands-no, millions of questions."

"Your questions will be answered if you will be patient enough." was Naruko's answer.

Sakura blushed in embarrassment and nodded. She slowed down for the two to get ahead of her as Sasuke and Naruko continued their conversation. She stare at their back feeling something familiar. Her eyes widen when she saw Naruto on the woman's side and Sasuke on the man's side.

"I can feel it, they're just near. Naruto and Sasuke." Sakura said but she didn't noticed that Kakashi is on her side. "So you feel it too, huh?"

Sakura nodded and smiled, "Those two, when I talked to them, I had that familiar feeling."

-----
Finally an update! Gosh, we had many many school activities that I didn't had the time to write a new chapter. Anyways, this chapter is short and all but yeah, I'll try to make the next chapter longer.