Chapter 20: An Unexpected Help

(I do not own any of these characters or anime)

(This is a fanfiction so expect that not everything that happened in original anime kimetsu no yaiba/demon slayer happened in this story)

Chapter 20: An Unexpected Help
---------------------------------------

Previously
"Rengoku-san!" Tanjiro shouted and tried to stand up to help the hashira but cant.

'I...have to help...Rengoku....san!'
Now

Third Person's POV
Rengoku coughed up blood as he stand up.

"Wonderful Kyojuro! Despite the injuries you can still stand up! Wonderful really! " Akaza shouted in joy.

'Oh how I love this new power!'

Rengoku stood up still coughing blood.

Tanjiro slowly stand up, determined to help the flame hashira. Despite the injuries he got from the explosion of the train he slowly walked in front of the flame hashira in a protective stance. Holding the hilt of his sword in both hands the blade facing the demon.

Akaza smirked. 'That contains a lot of courage'
"Kamado! I can take care of myself, protect yourself first!" Rengoku commanded the young boy.

"You have many injuries Rengoku-san! I will protect you!"

'Sunrise is near I have to finish this before the sunrise' Akaza thought to his self his smirk disappeared.

Tanjiro braced himself preparing for battle, he can smell Akaza's seriousness.

"Compass needle-" Before Akaza could finish his sentence a black blur passed them. And all Akaza knew is, he was pushed by a strong gust of wind, he have to put chakra on the sole of his feet to not get pushed further, as the black blur was nowhere to be seen.

Akaza 'tsk'ed' as his eyes look everywhere trying to find the black blur.

Akaza's eyes widened when a fire was suddenly coming towards him. He performed handsigns and shouted, "Earth style: Earth wall!" A wall made up of rocks suddenly rise infront of him and blocked the fire.

Akaza sighed, that took a lot of chakra, he is still getting used to it as he still don't have that much control over the new power.

Tanjiro's eyes were wide as he watched the scene unfold. 'This...just...what...what just happened?'

Rengoku behind him was also thinking the same.
----------------
Naruko jolted up when she felt the same chakra again, she closed her eyes and sensed where the chakra came.

Sasuke stared at her confused, 'Far from here, a strong chakra, a strong person owning the chakra! Wait! Two?! Chakra everywhere....train?'

She opened her eyes, "Sasuke, where did Rengoku-san went for her mission again?" She ask him. "According to what I heard, Mugen train, why?" He replied confused, trying to understand his lover.

"Well, Mugen train it is" She stood up which made Sasuke stood up too, finally understanding what his lover is thinking.

They went full speed, Naruko leading the way and Sasuke just close behind her.
-------------
"Who's that?!" Akaza snapped. Multiple fire were thrown at him again and Akaza have to avoid it one by one.

The time feels slow, sunrise is near but its also taking a long time for the sun to come up.

'Fuck this situation tsk' Akaza look around, annoyed.

"Show your fucking self coward!" Akaza shouted but then again, fire was thrown at him. Sure he could just sense the person through its fighting spirit, however that's the problem, the person don't have one.

Tanjiro look for an opening thread however Akaza is in full guard, there is no single opening.

"Kamado...stay here, don't get involved" Rengoku again commanded while doing recovery breathing trying to slow down the blood loss.

"Where's the crows?" Rengoku ask, " I hope their watching" the crows crows have departed to report to the master, trying to get help.

Inosuke despite his aggressive attitude, is surprisingly calm as he watch the uppermoon avoiding the fires. He admit to himself, whoever battling the uppermoon is pretty good at concealing theirself. And he don't understand a single thing about the thing being thrown at the demon. Sure he knows it's a fire but the question is, how is he releasing that big amount of fire?

On the other hand, Zenitsu lay asleep in Nezuko's box which contain Nezuko herself sleeping inside.

And despite his closed eyes, he is conscious. Also watching the onesided battle unfold.

"Tanjiro I think we should already battle him, he is occupied dodging those fireballs" Zenitsu suggested. Tanjiro glance at him then look back at the pissed Akaza. "I've been thinking about that too but, his guard is fully up, even if we do battle him, we don't stand a chance. Considering he is pretty pissed right now. "

"You won't know unless you try right?" Inosuke also listened to their conversation.

Tanjiro sighed, "Alright, fine." Rengoku's eyes widened "Kamado-" Tanjiro cut him off, "I'm sorry Rengoku-san, but we have to do it either way"

They all attacked. But Akaza being pissed and his guard being up, took his anger out on them. Luckily they dodge but got a hit on minor parts.

"Tsk, this is what I'm saying" Tanjiro jumped back along with the other two.

Fire balls were sent at Akaza again.

Tanjiro look around, which he is thankful he did.

Inside the forest.

The dark part of the forest, from the shadows....

Two blazing red eyes, with unexplainable pattern can be seen.