31

BILLY

I winced as Raya ran a hand down my arm, rubbing antibacterial ointment down the long lacerations.

I flinched as she touched my head wound.

"Hold still, you big baby." She hissed.

It had been a week since we arrived in California, presumed dead.

I had been left in the mall when it sent on fire, apparently in a deep coma.

Raya had grabbed me and dragged me underground two minutes before the building exploded.

From there, she waited until it was night, and we sneaked out. She had returned the bike to her friend, I'd been sleeping, when she came back and told me we were dead.

That our bodies were so badly destroyed that they couldn't identify our remains beside what Hopper told them while covering up the Mind Flayer and such.

I remembered everything.

I remembered attacking the kids.

I remember attacking Max.

El stopping me.

Raya said that we were free. Free from the Mind Flayer's grasp.

She said we could stay dead or be miracle survivors.

She  left me with choice to leave our families forever or go back.

But I couldn't face them.

No matter how much I wanted to.

So we simply wrote letters making it seem like we wrote them in case we died, traveled across the country. And settled down in California.

Raya loved it here.

She smiled at the beach. She longed to run down the streets, giggling.

And most of all she was happy.

A/N:
I hadn't worked in this book in about four months. I also had no internet, just a screenshot of where I left off. I had just finished my Criminal minds book and ended up deciding to finish this too.

Everything that happened in the season finale happened here except Billy's death.

Him and Raya survived.

I have one more chapter planned.

Pls don't hate me for being the laziest bitch ever.

Hope you enjoy. Xx.