4

RAYA

I was trying to find a good outfit to wear on my date with Billy when everything went cold and goosebumps raised on my entire body.

I instantly felt trapped but somehow I knew it was Will. He felt stuck as dark tendrils attacked him.

I took a deep breath and called the Wheeler's.

Ted picked up after a minute. "Wheeler residence."

"Is Nancy there and if she is, is Jonathan there-"

"Karen!" He yelled. "Is Nancy here?"

"No, haven't see her." I heard Karen in the background.

I hung and began to panic. I needed to help him. So the only thing I could do was wait for them to come home.

When I heard Mom's car pull into the driveway, I hopped up and watched them come inside. I instantly hurried to Will and pulled him into a hug.

His thin arms wrapped around me. Then him and Mom walked off to his room.

I sighed and walked to my room. I collapsed on the bed and pushed my hair from my face. And I just closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up and headed to the kitchen. Jonathan was coming back from Will's room.

He gave me a hug. "Mom and Will are asleep in there. And you should go back to bed."

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Nothing."

I sighed and hurried back to my room, I was right about to open the door when I heard some shuffling from inside the room.

I grabbed a book from my mom's room and then opened my door quickly to see Billy trying to get out of his jacket.

"What are you doing?" I demanded. "Are you drunk?"

"Pftt, noooo."

I sighed but then stopped when I seen the bruises and blood on his body.

"What happened?" I asked, putting down the hardcover book and approaching him.

"My dad." He said, "Nice pajamas."

I blushed. I was wearing shorts and a tube top that raised my cleavage.

"Be quiet and follow me." I ordered.

I led him to the bathroom and he sat down on the toilet lid. I went to move his hair from his face and he flinched.

"I'm sorry." I swallowed. "I didn't mean to scare you."

He didn't say anything. He just stared at his hands as I began to wash the blood off of him. I tried not to overthink and blush too much as we stayed in close proximity.

"You shouldn't bruise too bad." I informed him.

He didn't say a word. I took my hand and placed it under his chin, forcing him to look at me. I could see the tears in his eyes.

"Oh, Billy." I took his hands and knelt in front of him. "I'm so sorry-"

"I hate him." He muttered. "He's shit, he made me into a piece of shit-"

"You're not a piece of shit."

"Yeah, I am!" He snapped. "You know how I treat people. I treated girls like they were just a pair of tits, guys like garbage, and I'm even mean to my own family!"

"Am I just a pair of tits?" I asked, amused.

"No, but yours are very nice." He responded.

I laughed and stood up. I led him back to my room and locked the door. He sat on the bed and looked at me. I sat beside him and he leaned on my shoulder.