29

A/N

I apologize for my inactivity but I'm hoping to finish the book soon. But for now, here's another chapter.

RAYA

"Billy." I murmured, pulling away from his arms. He looked at me with confusion. "I need you to help me do something." 

"Anything."

He took my hand and followed me into a small study room. I took a seat and pulled out some papers.

"So what are we doing?"

"Writing letters."

"Why?" Billy demanded, playing with the small sleeves of my night shirt and matching shorts.

"In case I don't make it." I said, swallowing hard.

Billy froze and he knelt beside me. "Babydoll, you're not dying."

"But I might."

"You are not gonna die!" He snapped.

"You don't know that!" I cried. "He could take over me completely and my friends and family need some type of explanation, last words!" Tears fell from my eyes. I sighed. "I just need to do this, okay?"

He nodded and pulled me out of my seat only to sit back down, wrap his hands around my waist, and pull me onto his lap.

I smiled and leaned back against his bare chest.

"I love you, Billy."

"I love you, too."

I sat up straight and reached for the radio. I surfed through the channels before I found a channel playing rock music and then I began writing.

I knew exactly what I wanted to say but I found it a lot more difficult to write it than I had thought.

Every word made my heart ache and tears spill from my eyes. Everytime I ended a letter, it took all of me to keep from breaking down completely.

When I finished, Billy pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek, shifted me so he had room to write and then he began writing his own. He held the pen and stared at the paper but wrote nothing.

"Billy?"

He swallowed hard. "It's hot in here."

I stood up and he hopped up and hurried from the room. I followed him to the kitchen and noticed he was twitchy, visibly sweaty.

"Billy."

"I can feel it."

"Him." I corrected.

"I can feel him calling for me." He closed his eyes and my heart ached.

This was all my fault.

"You wanna go for a drive?"

His eyes opened quickly.

"What about Heather?"

I scowled. "We'll drop her off first."

"Then where?"

"None of your business."

"But how will I know where to go?"

"You won't, I'm driving."

"My baby? You helped wreck her."

I shrugged. "I'm sorry about that but I'm driving."

Billy sighed. "Only if you give me a kiss."

I grinned and walked towards me, leaned on my tippy toes, and pressed a soft kiss to my lips while taking the keys from his pocket. As soon as they were in my grasp, I spun away and he sighed.

"Can I get another?"

"Nope." I kept walking towards the front door. "Put on a shirt and meet me in the car."

BILLY

Raya drove to Steve's house and before I could demand why we were there, she took my hand and led me upstairs to a small room with a window. And then she slid open the window and took a seat on the roof.

I smiled and sat beside her. "Remember the first time we did this?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you almost fell off the roof."

"I stepped in bird shit-"

"And almost fell off the roof."

I pressed my finger to her lips and we turned to watch the sun. Raya laid back and against my chest and closed her eyes.

"I love you, Billy."

"I love you too."