18

RAYA

"Are you sure we should watch this?" Mom asked, looking at the tape, Pirahna.

"Yes!" Will and Mike responded.

"But its rated R."

"Because it's supposed to be scary." Hopper replied.

He and Joyce sat on the main couch. Will and Mike sat on either side of El and Jonathan and I were laying next to each other on the sofa.

Once the movie began to play, I tried my best to focus on it. But I began to doze off.

The next morning I woke up curled next to Jonathan, both of us slowly waking up.

"Shit." I said, turning to look at the clock. It was already seven forty five.

"Shut up-"

"I'm gonna be late!" I snapped.

I hurried to my room, through on a black and white striped shirt, my overall shorts and my combat boots. It threw my hair into a messy bun, washed my face, and hurried outside with my wallet to see Billy sitting in his car, singing along to the song, Rock You Like A Hurricane.

I hurried to his car and hopped in. He looked over at me, amusement on his face.

"Shut up." I responded.

"You look beautiful." He said.

"Sure."

"You do."

"Can I drive?"

Billy's expression changed immediately. "No."

"Why not?" I demanded. "We've been dating for three months and a half."

"So? This is my baby."

"I thought I was your baby."

"You drive like a maniac."

"You're one to talk! When I first got in your car, actually no, when I first seen you drive, I almost had a heart attack!"

"No."

"Billy, please."

He sighed. "One scratch and you're dead."

I grinned. We swapped places, I switched gears, and began to drive. I looked over at Billy to see him holding onto his seat for dear life.

I burst out laughing.

"Eyes on the road!" He exclaimed.

"I'm not even doing half of what you usually do down these roads." I argued.

He loosened up a bit but I could tell he was very worried.

I turned the music up a bit and focused on the road.

Billy rested his hand on my thigh and I looked at him to see him watching me.

"You're distracting me."

"You love the attention."

"I'm sorry about yesterday." I told him. "I shouldn't have kept arguing."

"It wasn't our first fight, Princess." He replied.

"Yeah but it was uncalled for. And for once I got you to apologize first. I must have hit a mark."

"Nah, I've just been trying to be a better person."

"I love you the way you are, Billy."

"Eyes on the road." He responded. "I love you, Raya, you deserve the world."