15

JONATHAN

Will had restraints on him and laid flat out on the bed. It was beyond hot and Nancy, Mom, and I were just waiting for something to happen.

I didn't know where Raya was but I needed to find her. What if she was infected and we didn't know?

Will began to wake up. He tried to move but he couldn't.

"What's happening?" He asked. "It hurts." He began to repeat that his voice getting louder and louder.

I looked at Mom to see her crank up the heat even more. I didn't want to watch. It was painful to see him like this. Raya had once been in so much pain like this.

Will began to scream.

It was heartbreaking and painful to listen to.

"It's not working. It's not working. Mom are you listening to me?"

"Just wait." Mom argued.

"How much longer?" I snapped. "Look...Look at him!"

"Jonathan, wait!"

"You're killing them!" I screamed.

Mom looked at me with a confused look. "Just wait."

I tried to turn off the main heat source.

"No leave it!" Mom ordered.

"You're killing him!"

Nancy grabbed onto me. "Wait, Jonathan, Jonathan! His neck. His neck!"

I looked at Will to see black veins appearing on his pale skin and him shaking unnaturally.

RAYA

I gasped and looked down at my hands. My veins were turning black and spreading up my bloody body.

I then let out a scream as pain began to engulf me.

BILLY

I was slowly waking up. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open and readjusting.

My face ached a bit and my neck stung. The syringe was lying near me and the house no longer held the brats and Steve.

"Fuck."

I managed to sit up and rub my eyes. The whole world was spinning and my brain hurt.

I swore again and pushed to my feet. I held onto the wall for support and looked around Raya's house.

And I could faintly hear somebody.

"Jonathan? Will? Mom? Steve? Billy? Help me, please!"

Raya.

Before I could even think, I ran out the door and saw her on the driveway where my car had been.

"Raya." I breathed, running to her.

I could see bruised, cuts, and a few wounds that would need more than just stitches. She was crying and had been for awhile. And she was covered in blood. Blood that wasn't all hers.

She let out a sob and held onto me as I picked her up. The world swayed but I managed to stay upright and carry her inside. I sat her down on the couch and went to head to the bathroom for some first aid stuff.

But she grabbed my arm. I looked at her. She was freezing. I grabbed a blanket, wrapped it around her.

"Don't leave me, please." She pleaded, tears streaming from her brown eyes.

"You're gonna bleed out-"

She sobbed. "I killed him."

"What? Who? Raya?"

I grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her hair from her face. "What happened, Raya?"

"I killed Nick." She cried.

The sound of cars pulling into the driveway echoed through the house and Raya swallowed hard.

The door flew open and the first person I seen was Jonathan.

He ran to Raya and pulled her into the biggest hug. Then her mom, and the chief of Hawkins came in. He held a sleeping girl in his arms. Then Nancy, Raya's little brother, the brats, and Steve came in.

He saw Raya and he looked at me. He looked awful, I really did some damage.

"What did you do to her?" Steve shouted, drawing everyone's attention to us.

"It wasn't him, Steve." Raya muttered. "I don't feel so good."

And then she collapsed.

Jonathan and I caught her and I turned to her mom.

"All she said was she killed Nick."

"Her boyfriend?" Joyce demanded.

"I'm her boyfriend, he's an ex."

She pushed me and Jonathan out of the way and looked at Hopper. "She needs a hosptial."

"Then let's go."

He sat El down on a different couch by Nancy's little brother.

Then he picked up Raya, gestured for Joyce to follow him, and then they left.

"Thank you." Jonathan told me.

"Uh, uh!" Steve snapped. "He doesn't deserve a thank you. He almost killed me-"

"You lied to me."

"It was none of your business!" Steve snapped.

"That's my sister!" I snapped.

Max's head snapped to me.

For the first time in ever I had called her sister and not step sister.

"Leave him alone, Steve." Nancy said. "I'm gonna go get a drink."

Nancy walked off and I took a seat on the couch, staring at my bloody hands.

"Where's my car?"

Dustin looked up. "In the driveway."

"Is it scratched?"

"I don't think so." Steve responded.

"Billy, come with me." Jonathan said.

I nodded and followed him to Raya's room.

"How long?" Jonathan asked, leaning on the wall, his hands in his pocket.

"What?"

"How long have you and Raya been together?"

"About two weeks." I responded.

"Do you honestly like her?"

"I love her."

"I haven't been around lately but I did notice a difference with her. It was good. She's gonna need you."

I nodded.

"Anyways, just don't give up on her."

"I won't."