xxv.

3 YEARS. IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS, since the matriarch of the Uchiha clan left. 3 years since she's ghosted Konoha, only specs of the memories linger within the alleyways, the smell of hers still resides in a house not a home. Her laughter present in those she love in their ears as the dining room is filled with a lonely presence of a man, the smile of the matriarch can no longer be seen yet it can be looked back on. 

[name] lingers like a tattoo kiss. Itachi Uchiha's heartbeat isn't high on the high line anymore. 

As the saying goes, "chase two girls, lose the one." is true. 

A person can have everything, yet not everything would stay the same. 

In a blink of an eye, everything can disappear;

Like a heartbeat, like the will to live, like the wind that chases were it brings itself, like [name] [last name] Uchiha.

It was like she was a ghost haunting the mind and the plague of someone who've hunted her  down.

It was like she was memory, a relapse of someone's backstory who keeps coming back to them.

It was like she was a soul who was sent into so much pain, series and reveries of torture.

But did they ever try to understand her? Did anyone notice she was being haunted by her own ghost behind that smile? Did anyone care that behind that façade, her pulse was nowhere to be found? No.

She was anything but a monster, she was just a lost child seeking for a home. She was a child who never got the sweet taste of life. She was a child who never had a family to call home, everything oppressed her, everyone did.

When you are young they assume you know nothing.

31st. 

Stop now Itachi. Stop, you're losing me. I'm tired. I gave you my best me's, I gave you every part of myself already. What more can I give? I got nothing anymore. 

Sincerely, [name]

Itachi stares at the last message presented to him, a blank look on his face with sadness beneath his eyes. Everything lingers, everything sinks in. How tired was she at that time? [Name] did. [Name] gave him everything she can give and now she wasn't here anymore. The matriarch wasn't by his side anymore. 

But the woman he lost chased him, haunted him in his sleep, made his heart ache as everything reminded him of her. 

[Name] haunted his what if's.

[Name] was like blood staining his skin, wine poured on to his shirt, an embroidery embedded on his sleeve, like a kiss on a painful day. Everything about it. Everything about the woman was stuck within his brain, like core memory. 

It's painful. 

He's right where the matriarch left him. He was stuck to a place that reminded him everything. 

Every little bit of memory [name] left.

[Name] left him no choice but to stay there forever.

Matches burn after the other, the reflection against a mirror reminding us that everything in the end, ends. The sharp edge of a knife cuts deeper within the skin, piercing deeper wounds with words uttered out. 

It was like a burst for a moment;

then the thrill is gone.