xx.

ITACHI AND TEAM 7 had settled down already in the dining area. The smell of food was in the air, in the middle of the table, [name]'s recipe could be seen. It was pleasing to both the senses of smell and sight. Team 7 did great.

Surprisingly- (⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)

The aroma of the honey and butter on the chicken was fresh, and the smell of eggs coming from the crab and corn soup was delicious. The salmon daikon was looking pleasant as well, along with some salad and some tuna-mayo onigiris. What amazed Naruto was that dango. It was always part of the dishes [name] made.

It was yummy and chewy at the same time. Something preferred.

To the outside world, Itachi was lonely. He was a loner. Even in a table of happy kids, chattering over late dinner. But truth be told, he appreciated more than anything at the moment.

It was nostalgic, the patriarch can vaguely recall his days when he was young, surrounded by his family and the woman he lost.

Dinner...was always lively with [name], that bright smile and laughter was something that made dinner more special.

Now it was all cold to Itachi.

"Hey! Teme! Stop stealing my food! Ugh!" Naruto shouted while grabbing Sasuke's collar, making the said Uchiha drop chicken. "Oi! Naruto stop it!" Sakura shouted while bonking Naruto's head.

"Nope! He stole my chicken and it isn't any chicken! It's [name]-chan's recipe! The one and only best!" Naruto shouted with his eyes squinted, pointing an accusing finger at Sakura.

"I'm sure this guy has extreme favoritism. (⁠─⁠.⁠─⁠|⁠|⁠)" Sakura thought with a deadpan expression, bonking Naruto's head again, making the blond's fist let go of Sasuke's collar.

Sasuke immediately grabbed Naruto's collar and neared the blondie's face, their faces inches away. With the wrong move...they could kiss again. Well I mean, it's not like they made out before but nobody needs to know that. Blame the teenage hormones.

Before Sasuke could say something, Itachi beat him to it. "Naruto, Sasuke. Stop that. We're in front of food and it's late." The patriarch said while chewing on some chicken, making both of the males with tension to grumble and let go of each other.

And everything went back to normal.

Itachi smiled fondly to himself as team 7 chattered amongst themselves, oh how he misses those days.

Atleast they helped him clean the dishes, the said patriarch prodigy was already tired. This was what he needed. "You guys sleep in the guest room. Don't make any noise or break anything. It's already late, but do make yourselves at home." Itachi muttered to the group as they yawned.

Boy, they planned well. They bought clothes and their necessities too, it was no surprise to Itachi anymore as he understood the plan.

It bought warmth to his swollen heart.

They knew he was lonely.

And stayed with him.

While reminding him about his love.

It was sweet.

As he saw the chaotic trio, Itachi made sure they entered the guest room first and once they did, he went to [name]'s room.

Itachi sat down at the edge of the bed as he sighed and looked at the ceiling. Oh how he wishes his love were here. The warmth she radiated was no longer here.

Man, too bad. Babygirl side chick was flirting with he-

"I miss you, [name]. Come back home." The Itachi uttered in his head as tears welled up in his eyes, soon falling down from his face. The pent up exhaustion and fatigue all building up as he weeped silently in the comfort of his wife's room.

He feels tired, stressed and everything to describe this bottle of emotions.

It's killing him.

Sadness, was killing the one and only Itachi Uchiha again.

The sorrow in his heart won't fade until he sees his wife.

He choked on his own breath as he sobbed silently, it felt like he was being stabbed as the room walls mocked him. For they reminded him of his lover who ran away.

And finally, the last wall broke down as he cried more. The fragrance of the one he lost was present in the room. The lingering smiles, and the touch of memories outted him once again.

He lost.

He lost everything in the spur of a moment.

The air was thick, the memories his brain invested in can no longer be denied as he's reminded of what he lost. Of who he lost.

The love of his life.

It hurts.

But will sobbing bring [name] back?

No, but Itachi holds on to the sacred memories of his beloved.

Looking around the room, ofcourse after calming down, Itachi checked to see if he...if he could grasp on to something that'll remind him of who he lost.

Whether it be perfume or clothes.

Just something that'll remind him of [name].

But a diary was all he saw.

Quickly getting ahold of it, he checked the engravings on the booklet. [Name], it was hers.

Quickly opening it, Itachi saw various of secrets he dared not to know. Things [name] never told him. His head was in shock, mind blank as he tried to insert the first paragraph [name] wrote on the 10th page of the diary.

Yes, he didn't even read the others because he was so desperate.

April 7

Am I enough? What have I done. Am I not lovable? My own kind can't even accept me. I'm the matriarch, yet they dared to utter something along the lines of "oh, it's the crazy dog of the [last name] clan. what's a useless pest doing here?" im exhausted.

Itachi no longer felt the sorrow in his veins as it was quickly replaced by anger. Who dared to talk bad about [name]? Better yet, she was the matriarch. Did this clan really not have any manners?

As he read more, the fury in his veins ran deeper than the knives he played with to drive his beloved away.

No.

Because Itachi Uchiha, the head and patriarch of the Uchiha clan was now driven by an ugly emotion called anger.

Oh how dangerous a lion can be when angered.

Was this the other reason his beloved ran away?

How dare they utter a word of displeasure in her presence.

He'll make them pay.

As a lion is dangerous when angered, so does an Uchiha who is consumed with a mixture of two emotions; anger and love.

A lion is dangerous  when it is provoked.

But an Uchiha is much worst than a lion that's provoked. Especially with two emotions that ran greatly in their pulses; anger and love.

Oh how an Uchiha can kill and torture.

The strength, and the downfall of Uchihas.

Even with just two emotions.

And those emotions are so called;
love and anger.

Something much more greater than a predator hunting for it's prey.

It was more than that.

For it was driven emotions that could kill hundreds to millions of shinobis.

______________
AUTHORS NOTES: hi bbys, sorry for the late upload. they're going to be later than usual since mental health is just bad. take care of yourselves and drink loads of water. ty for reading.