xxiii.

DO YOU THINK it's cruel of me to ruin the both of you? Or maybe a part of me is just sad about this whole thing? I don't know.

Sincerely,
[Name]

I have no energy anymore. I'm tired already. And you can't even see, Itachi, if I'm tired or not. I pretend to be happy, as if I didn't cry until I couldn't breathe. As if I didn't muffle my sobs, so that you could sleep peacefully and wouldn't hear me from your room. I hate this. I hate this feeling. It's like I'm a kid all over again, it's like everything is so suffocating. I'm so suffocated, Itachi. I'm so, so, tired. What else can I do? What can I do to forget this pain? I'm tired.

Sincerely,
[Name]

30th.

For a moment, I keep forgetting what I am. I keep remembering I'm an experiment. What am I really?

Sincerely,
[Name]

1st.
I'm tired, I'm drained. I don't know what to say. I can't sleep at night thinking about how I'm never enough, how I can never be enough. I'm tired, 'tachi. I'm so tired. Everything is so overwhelming, I can't understand why.

Sincerely,
[Name]

Itachi sighed as he read the letters, he feels guilty. He never knew...that it would hurt this much. That it would take so much courage to not cry.

Was this how you felt? So vulnerable and defenseless?

It must've taken you a lot of courage to just stand everyday while he goes out there and ignore you.

Itachi admits he was selfish, maybe if he attended to your needs more then maybe you could've been here.

You being here was enough. That's what he needed. Itachi needed you here by his side.

But you weren't here. What's he supposed to do now?

Everything's a mess. The genins are more down than usual, Itachi's been stressed, Fugaku and Mikoto aren't stopping for the search, Sasuke's been more cranky and it's like Shisui lost a piece of him. Itachi feels like a part of him lost itself too.

But he was the one who pushed you away. In his books, this was punishment.

If only he could find out furthermore...

Baby girl side chick is inlove with his wifey thou-

A knock on the door broke Itachi out of his trance, muttering a small 'come in' along the way. Itachi must admit, he doesn't wanna go out if his office.

Everything felt draining outside too.

Maybe, you were missing him too.

The design is very assumera. (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)
(The design is very assuming.)

To his surprise, Sasuke came inside and was panting hard, hands on the table trying to regain his breath. "Father...huff...father wants you in his office this instant, now... huff." Sasuke muttered out between ragged breathing.