Broken Barry

Barry was regaining some form of walking ability as he was now relying on his walking stick for support. Joe was helping him get some steps in right now, while Cisco, Cait, Iris and I stood by and watched.

It had been a week since Zoom had broken Barry's spine, and Mr Allen was not taking it very well, for obvious reasons.

"I can't do it right now," Barry said as he got Joe to help him to get into OG Wells' wheelchair. I walked up to him and rubbed his shoulders in a supportive manner. 

"Oh yes, you can Barry," Joe said, attempting to be supportive.

"No, no, no."

"We were making so much progress. " Joe added.

"Yep, six whole steps." Negative Nancy said. "Someone give me a bozo button."

"Hey give yourself some credit. You just broke your back." Cisco said, tapping his shoulder. With a sad face, Barry looked up at me, and I just gave him a half-hearted smile back. 

I knew he would heal, but seeing him so upset broke me inside.

"Yeah, a normal person would be parlayed the rest of his life," Iris stated, earning a huff from Barry.

"How long until I'm fully healed?" Barry asked Cait.

"The initial MRI I took a week ago showed a completed dislocation at the T-12 to L-1 interspace of the thoracolumbar junction." Cait put up images of his scan for us to see. "But this is the MRI I took this morning. It's remarkable, but you're almost completely healed."

"See, you'll be back up in no time," I said kissing him on the top of his head.

"I'm still having trouble breathing," Barry added.

"Thats normal with a spinal injury. It should clear up soon." Barry stared at our suit stands, longingly. I can't imagine what's going through his head.

"We're gonna get you back in that suit, Barr. Real quick, trust me." Joe said. We were all trying to be comforting, but I think we all deep down knew, none of these words were helping. 

"What are we gonna do about Zoom?" BA said nonchalantly.

"No sign of him since Sam blasted him with that storm of lightning," Joe replied.

"And I haven't vibed him since."

My brain is slightly zoned out here. There had to be a way to end this, I just needed to think clearly. Zoom will have only kept his goons and himself away to allow himself to heal from what I did, and I needed to figure out a way to harness this newfound power of mine.

"Maybe Zooms not coming back?" Iris said, not believing her own words.