The Gift of Speed

I paced across my bedroom, trying to pick a casual, but not too casual outfit for when Barry turned up. I had about 5 minutes till Barry got here, and I do think this will be the ONLY occasion that boy isn't late, so I'm panicking.

I had showered, blow-dried, and styled my hair, very much complementing the pink streaks in my hair. The outfit was the last step. I hadn't been on a date in years, and the fact it wasn't in a formal setting annoyed me. Why did I say it was a date? I'm an idiot.

You know what, he wanted to see what I was wearing when he was blind, so ill wear that. Simple! Aww but maybe I should be a bit promiscuous and show off some cleavage? NO! That's too much for a first date. Oh god, why is being a girl so complicated? 

After 4 minutes of deliberation, I finally decided on the oversized shirt with the short shorts. Now I just had to wait.

Let me set up the table with the food. I feel we both will be rushing to eat. 

I kept checking my watch, and time had never gone slower. I had exactly a minute before I heard the knock on the door.

HES EARLY?! That has to be a first for him.

I casually walked to the door, trying not to ruin my hair. 

I opened it, and a gleaming Barry Allen stood in front of me, with a bouquet. He's so cute.

"I now feel majorly underdressed wearing what you wore when you were blind," I said, as I looked at Barry in a smart polo and jeans. 

"That's what you were wearing? I'm glad I could see now." He spoke, looking me up and down, and I could feel my cheeks flush. I licked my lips and ushered him to come inside.

"You've been here before but there's a slight modification of a few pictures of us scattered around." I laughed, taking the flowers from him. "I love these, they smell gorgeous. Thank-you Bar"

"Only the best for my girlfriend. Oh, I see our food, can we eat before the important conversation? Im starving."

"Of course, I'm starving after all that training, I can feel it making a difference as we speak. Your gonna love the sparring droid I made." I said as we sat down.

"Yeah, I won't lie I thought you'd take a few more days off before throwing yourself into it. Cisco and Cait both told me they did keep telling you to stop for your own sake, but you wouldn't listen. What's going on?" He asked, holding my hand with one hand and having one of his burgers in one hand.

"Need to pull my weight don't I, I am your partner."

"In more ways than one, you need rest to be at your best. It's not a complete 50/50 deal with us, sometimes it can be 60/40, even 100/0 when we need it. As long as we love each other, we can cope with one of us taking a break." he gripped my hand over the table and I chuckled.

"I feel like I don't tell you enough how much I love you enough. I love you BA." I said, smiling uncontrollably.