A Familiar Face

"What's being described as a 'spontaneous energy malfunction erupted last night at Eikmier Technologies. Wanted for questioning is scientist, Henry Hewitt." And with that, we turned the TV off. Brilliant.

"Hewitt's dormant abilities must have been triggered when we attempted the merger," Caitlin explained, even though I think we all understood that.

"This could be catastrophic. If his powers are anything like mine, he requires a grounding mechanism to stabilize his volatility. Otherwise-" Stein rambled.

"He's going to go boom" I finished his sentence.

"And he's got a long history of violence, according to his police record," Cisco explained. Oh great, and this is who Caity wanted Stein to merge with. Golden boy doesn't look so golden now, does he?

"Police record?" Barry asked, shocked. 

"I didn't find a police record" Caitlin rushed to the monitors, where Cisco was smugly sat, I was far away from Cisco on the last monitor. I was watching Netflix before everyone interrupted me.

"Yeah, of course not. It was sealed? But guess what? Your boy hacked in and...Hold on. Could you wait for it? One count of battery, two counts of aggravated assault, court-ordered anger management therapy." Cisco read out, and I couldn't help but feel amazing for being right.

"He seemed like such a nice guy. He even knew your Hudson nerd song." Caitlin said, and Martin began gasping maniacally.

"It appears Mr Hewitt's stability isn't the only one in question. I think I need to lie down." Stein announced, and Bar, Cait and I looked at each other worried.

"Yeah I'll come with you," Cisco replied, putting his arm around Stein.

"Thank you."

"Professor Stein is getting worse. And Hewitts like this because of me. And now, Jefferson Jackson will never come back because of what I said. I just didn't believe that he has what it takes." At least Caits feeling guilty I guess. I'm still angry though.

"This isn't because you didn't believe in him. Sometimes, great possibilities are right in front of us, and we don't see them because we choose not to. I think we need to be open to exploring something new." Barry nodded to Cait and I think she finally understood. 

Barry then left when I sent him a text that I wanted to speak to Cait alone. 

"I'm glad you finally understood. I know the delivery of my point was quite aggressive, but I just wanted you to understand Cait."

"I get it, I truly do. And you are right, it was ignorance. And I'm sorry, and I'm going to make this right with Jax." She hugged me as she left the cortex, hopefully, the good news is coming.

Barry then walked back in. "You both made up?" He came in front of me and I rested my head on his chest.