Lightning

So currently, it is the next day. Stein, Cisco and I ran around multiple ideas on how we could find this breach, and we began getting somewhere, until surprise surprise a new meta turned up.

Now the team's focus has shifted back to catching this new villain. We can never just focus on one thing at a time.

Barry investigated a crime scene this morning and has brought a sample for Cisco to analyse.

"Found it at the crime scene. I mean, i's gotta be from the meta that attacked me." a meta attacked Barry? Damn, I must've slept through that. Caitlin explicitly has told me I need my sleep after all the head injuries I had last year, plus being in that coma.

"Huh. What is this stuff? Sand?" Cisco explained as I took a closer look.

"It's not sand," Jay said as he walked into the cortex. Barry had locked him up in the pipeline as a safety precaution and he's only allowed on the surface when Caitlin needs to run more tests. "It's human cells whose myosin II protein have migrated to the cells periphery."

"Jays a fellow science nerd." Caitlin defended. I've seen how she's been eyeing up those muscles. I think Ms Snow may have a crush.

"Those cells can rearrange and harden, giving them the appearance of sand."

"How do you this?" Barry inferred.

"They belong to a meta-human I've fought before named Sand Demon." oooooh he took Cisco's job of naming.

"Shit," I whispered, but Barry overheard.

"I know you're new here, so I'm just gonna break it down for you. The whole naming the bad guy's thing, that's my jam. But you know what? I'm gonna let you have that one cause I actually kinda like it. I'm not mad at that one. Is that Barry's sweatshirt?" Jay really is tryna get on Barry's nerves, isn't he?

"Oh, uh, sorry. It was all we could find so..." Iris said. Everyone is on it to piss off Barry today.

"I was gonna say, 'cause it looks a lot smaller on you, right?" can I just get tape for everyone's mouths? Especially Cisco?

"Shut it Cisco, please. Before I make you shut it." I warned, glaring at everyone like it was a warning.

"I gotta do a thing," he said, walking off with the sand sample.

"So, who is this Sand Demon?" Iris inquired.

"I don't know his name, but I know how to stop him." Caitlin's eyes lit up, but Barry was still yet to be impressed by Jay.

"You know what? I think we'll be fine on our own." Barry stated. Clearly our chat yesterday did nothing.

"Look, Barry, I don't know what else I can do to prove to you that I'm on your side." Barry shrugged at Jay's intensity. If I was Jay, I would have had enough when Barry locked him in the accelerator. He's got a lot more composure than I would. "I've been poked, prodded. I even subjected myself to a full-body scan."

My eyes darted at Caitlin. She wants him. "I was being thorough." Caitlin retired, but Iris and I gave each other a look that we knew what was going on in Caits head.

"Sand demons from my world. Let me teach you how to stop him." poor phrasing from Jay there, don't mention teach when our previous teacher ended up being the man we both hated for our entire lives.

"Yeah, I don't need you to teach me anything Jay." yikes. Barry really isn't gonna trust him. I don't know what to do.

"Zoom sent Rothstein here to kill you. He must have sent Sand Demon here to do the same thing. Don't you get it? Anyone close to The Flash, all of you are in a lot of danger. Especially your girlfriend who is also your partner? Especially Sam is in danger. Zoom may not want to kill her, but if he ever finds out what she is to you Barry, rest assured he will kill her just to spite you!"