chapter 54

FEYRE POV

It's been two days since we collected the hundred hearts. We were currently sailing to the navy's new headquarters to deliver them.

Law's face was all over the news already. His bounty rose to 440 million. Normally, this wasn't something I should be proud of, but when was anything about my life ever normal?

Poor ikkaku was suffering from a terrible concussion and was sleeping in the medical bay. I couldn't bring myself to sleep on my own in my room after getting used to her company.

I'd either sleep by her side or in Law's bed.

We were 4 days away from our destination, and as the day of the delivery got nearer, my anxiety grew. I have a bad feeling about this.

Nothing has changed between me and law after what happened in the shower. He'd kiss me good morning, make me tea all the time and sleep in the crook of my neck as he held me.

We didn't talk about what happened with the fishman.

After I fell into the water, it was all a blur.

And no one on board asked.

But earlier today, I talked to Law and asked him to let me see what happened from his memory. By the end of it I said a few incoherent sentences and sat in silence processing what I just saw.

I was currently in law's bed, scribbling in my sketchbook/journal while law sat at his desk studying. I've been making myself more comfortable in his room lately, and I can't say he hates it.

Law actually cleared out half of his closet for me to use, saying he could feel that I was going to move in with him soon. I didn't argue and placed a few pyjamas and supplies here.

I had an extra hairbrush and toothbrush here, a few hair products and definitely a thousand moisturiser bottles too. Can't say Law's not a fan. Every once in a while he'd open a bottle, take a sniff then put it back.

Of course I didn't let the opportunity slip and teased him about being a creep in front of the whole crew.

I even took the extra bottle of shampoo and conditioner I kept for emergencies and placed it in his bathroom. Showering there became a habit.

This bathroom just brings back a lot of nice memories that makes me blush and take a longer time under the hot water just staring at the ceiling and reminiscing on everything here.

"What are you drawing?" law asked, curiosity lining his tone.

I turned the sketchbook to him,

He furrowed his brows. "That's ... A little disturbing." he admitted.

"This is what getting my powers felt like. Like my bones were melting. It was freezing, yet it felt like molten ore being poured into my veins." I sighed, "I don't know. I stopped trying to define what it felt like a long time ago. I was a child then, maybe my pain tolerance wasn't high back then... I don't know."