chapter 32

FEYRE POV

The painting was beautiful. My crew got a huge canva and sectioned it. Each one of them drew or painted something that reminded them of me. Even little law drew something.

There were rough sketches of books, others of music notes, silver blotches here and there.

Someone even attempted to draw my eyes. With all their shades and tones.

It was a hot mess.

But I never loved anything more.

I hung it in my room, right beside my vanity.

There wasn't a single empty space on the white paper, but somehow, law managed to paint a sea wave and a bright pink falling star.

That night when i put little law to sleep –after a lot of scrubbing and soap, since he literally jumped into a bucket of paint– he was out in 2 minutes.

I'm really going to miss this little guy when he leaves.

I kissed his brow and muttered a protection spell on him.

I combed my hands through his hair as I said "watch over this child as he sleeps and plays. Keep him safe in all ways. Protect him night and day. Keeping all fear and harm at bay."

I kissed his brow one last time and sat on my desk to write down a few things.

I looked at the clock, then at the calendar, and sighed.

Tomorrow is December first... technically it would be December first in just a few minutes now.

The memories rushed. The sadness started crawling out again.

No.

I won't let it win this time.

I got off my chair and headed to the kitchen.

END OF POV

TRAFALGAR LAW POV

I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning in bed. I couldn't calm my excitement.

Feyre laughed.

Feyre laughed for me.

I made her laugh...

When we got downstairs Jonathan gave me a small smile and a nod of approval.

Of course they heard our cackling. Cause penguin and sachi kept looking at me in admiration. Like they haven't seen me in ages.

They were acting strange, but that's besides the point.

After a while I decided to go see if feyre was still up.

Her door was ajar as soft lights twinkled from inside the room. But she wasn't there. The desk's chair was pushed back and a notebook was left open on it.

Like she was just here.

Curiosity won me, and I read what was written in the notebook.

I recognised feyre's handwriting that said:

November mood:

I've changed. I'm acting differently now. My healing is showing. Growth has been good to me. Choosing to change is how I stand in my power.

I couldn't help but grin at that.

I'm proud of how far she's come. Just a few months ago, I couldn't stand being in the same room as her.

Now...

I can't get enough of her.

Her face, her laugh, her voice.... Her ass..