chapter 37

FEYRE POV

"Because I found a way to return the little devil to his dimension." Florence said.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get him back." law said.

"No!" I shouted. Everyone turned to me. "Why are you in such a hurry?" I tried to mask my pained face. I grew so attached to this little boy I didn't think I'd have to say goodbye so soon. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but.... Not so soon....

When we get him back, we'll leave this island.. Which means i'll never get to see ikkaku again and–

"FEYRE! YOU'RE BACK!" ikkaku shouted from the door of the dining room.

I turned around and ran to hug her.

"YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME. DON'T EVER RUN AWAY LIKE THAT!" She continued scolding me while hugging me.

Then she let me go all of a sudden and took a step back with crossed arms and a frown on her face.

She straightened a newspaper she had in her hand. The same one we were staring at a few seconds ago. "Really?" she asked, "you left us here and went to a concert?" she sounded hurt.

"We were worried sick about you and you were having the time of your life." she gave law a brief glare then looked back at me.

"Listen, it wasn't planned but i–"

"Don't try to act innocent ok? Because that really hurt." She turned around and headed to the door.

"Ikkaku, at least listen to me!" I whined as I rushed behind her. I caught up to her near the gate of the mansion.

She finally stopped and turned to face me.

"You read the book called redemption right?" I said.

"What about it?" her hands were crossed and she looked at me coldly.

"Yeah, remember what happened in chapter 26?"

She looked thoughtful for a minute, then said "Milo declared his love for...." she quickly put 1 and 1 and gasped at me.

"You're joking right?"

"Wish i was."

"You have to tell me everything." she looped her arm through mine and pulled me out into the streets. Well.. at least she's not mad anymore.

I briefly told her everything that happened and what I discovered in the letter.

We ended up sitting in one of the cafes as she intently listened to me explain everything.

"And you didn't kiss back?" she asked. I shock my head.

"But you let him do it anyway." she said unbelievingly. I shrugged my shoulders, "I was so lost in thought, I didn't react until it was too late."

"I still don't believe a person like law knows what the word love means... I MEAN LOOK AT HIM!" she exclaimed, her anger toward me long gone.

"But feyre, do you have feelings for him?"

I shrugged my shoulders again. "I honestly don't know how to feel. I've been trying to act neutral around him cause this is really awkward for both of us. But I don't know how to feel about this ikkaku. He hated me at the beginning... he wanted to be as far away from me as possible. But for quite a while now..." I stared at the steaming cup of tea in front of me. "He's been the only one to listen to me... he's the only one who dared get close when my darkness got out of control and he's the one who made me paint again and–"
"Woah woah woah... you painted again?"