chapter 18

2 weeks have passed since we left sabaody...

The heart pirates were setting the table like normal for lunch.

Feyre was sitting like a statue to the left of Law's seat at the head of the table.

She was a mess. Even that word was an understatement.

She didn't wear her usual bandanas that matched her outfit, nor did she bother to even get out of her pyjamas.

No one pressured her into anything, and gave her time to mourn her friend's death.

Meanwhile, law decided to stay in the grand line for a little longer. He had a goal he wanted to fulfil in the new world, so he needed a plan before going into action.

After some digging, law found out that the straw hats crew got scattered throughout the world by the real Bartholomew Kuma.

He tried to get a hold of any information regarding his crewmate's friend, Nefes.

He wanted to make sure she was really dead, and feyre wasn't wasting herself for nothing.

But he found nothing...

It was the least he could do for her as her captain, and he may or may not have thought about taking feyre to her grave - if there was any - so feyre may have her closure. But there wasn't a whisper about Nefes's whereabouts. Maybe that was part of the reason why law decided to stay in the grand line a little longer.. To get a hold of information concerning the hooded woman, and formulate a plan to take his sweet vengeance on someone in the new world.

TRAFALGAR LAW POV

I opened the galley door to find Feyre sitting next to my chair. It was the first time I saw her since that day at sabaody... the first time I saw her in 2 weeks.

Her hair was draping over her shoulder forming neat waves as she leaned her head over her knee.

I noticed her hair grew remarkably long since she first joined the crew. It was a little past her hip now.

I took my seat next to her as I asked, "how are you holding up now, feyre-ya?"

No answer.

She didn't even bother to look at me as I addressed her. But when I looked at her a little longer, I could see the hollowness of her cheek, the bags under her eyes, her bloodless lips, her eyes that lost their shine.

She wasn't doing any better than that day...

At last she finally moved her hand and tapped the table once with her forefinger, then proceeded to get up and head for the door.

Was she still mad at me because I didn't listen to her during the auction? She didn't bother to spare me a glance to address my presence and just pretended like I wasn't there before exiting the galley.

Everyone who was helping set the table didn't even try to stop her, and looked between themselves.

"So you're giving me the silent treatment now! Ok, great!" I raised my voice and slammed my palm flat on the table.

Not a second later Ben hurried out of the kitchen and looked around frantically. "Where is she?" he asked with wide eyes.

I spat back "Gone to hell i hope"

Ben sighed, before his throat bobbed, "Capt'n... there's something.. We need to tell you..."

I looked at him with half lidded eyes not interested in the least. But his worried expression made my heart thump loudly in my chest.