chapter 17

FEYRE POV

As soon as I jumped backstage, I was greeted with a cold, dark corridor stacked with various sized wooden boxes.

Directly behind the stage, there was what looked like a dungeon.. But the bars were pried open.

So that giant and old man were going to be sold as slaves..

"Fufufufufufu"

I narrowed my brows as soon as that deep laugh reached my ears.

To my right there was light peeking from a half open door, and the energy seeping from behind that door wasn't a pleasant one.

I found myself subconsciously nearing that door, maybe to find the source of laughter.. Or to kill the owner of that energy who was standing on stage just a few minutes ago making people bid on humans like they were some objects.

"This is no laughing matter! This is your shop, you know!" the same annoying voice of the auctioneer pierced my eardrum.

So he is contacting the owner of this disgusting business.

"Mister Doflamingo! Where are you right now!" he practically begged the person over the other end of the line.

The auctioneer started whining about everything that happened, from the lost 'things' that weren't paid for yet, to the celestial dragons who got their asses kicked then started begging that person to 'fix' things.

I only heard the same deep laugh echoing from the transponder snail.

"Seriously.. Human trafficking is so old-fashioned, you idiot" whoever that person is, he was lethal. I could tell by the way his voice alone made the hair on my neck stand.

"It's all about smiles now, smiles!"

S-miles? What is that..

"Disco, I'm giving the shop to you now, so don't be calling me anymore!" he continued laughing.

What a hypocrite.

"What! You're abandoning us during the worst crisis we've ever had?!"

"Shut up! You annoying bastard. While you sit there blaming me for your misfortune, a new era draws even closer.. Disco-kun" he mocked the auctioneer.

"The navy has given orders forcing me - no us - into active duty." I heard a slurp after that sentence. That bastard is eating and drinking like nothing while people's freedom is being sold over here.

I'm adding that person - whoever he was - to my list of people I'd like 6 feet under.

"Knowing this, what do you see on the horizon, Disco-kun?" he mocked again.

"The whitebeard pirates versus the seven warlords" the last thing i heard before the line clicked, was the same devilish laugh.

That was my call to intervene.

.

.

.

After I finished my 'job' with the auctioneer I ran in the opposite direction to find the keys to the mermaid's collar. The first thing I saw when I turned a corner .. was a man in nothing but underwear and a shirt... I saw him fighting with the straw hats earlier.

Really? What kind of crew are they?!

"Oi what are you doing here!" he demanded as he aimed a gun-hand at me.

A cyborg?!

I understood what he was doing here when I saw the keys rattle in his free hand.

"I'm on your side, i was looking for the mermaid's collar key too" i raised my hands beside my head. When he seemed convinced enough, he lowered his weapon.