chapter 6

🌊🌊🌊

The next two days went by in a blur, filled with routine tasks and duties. Mainly because Feyre rarely saw her Captain. She had become used to the ebb and flow of life on the submarine, and had readily assimilated into the crew. She took pride in her assigned tasks, from night patrols to cleaning duties, her diligent efforts always on display. Cleaning was one task that Feyre enjoyed; there was something satisfying about seeing a space transformed from chaos to order. It was as though she were creating a small sanctuary within the confines of the submarine, a place of calm amidst the madness of the open sea.

Feyre was a quick learner, eager to learn everything she could about the sub and its workings. Sometimes, she would spend hours studying the machines and instruments, trying to understand how they functioned. She taught herself most of what she knew, but the crew was always willing to lend a helping hand or a word of advice which Feyre appreciated.

As the crew finished lunch, Bepo's voice echoed through the submarine's speakers, breaking the tranquil atmosphere. "We will reach the next island in twenty minutes. I request the Captain to come to the navigation room, over."

Surprise flickered across Feyre's face. "That was quick," she murmured, her eyes darting around as if trying to grasp the reality of their impending arrival. Ben, always the optimist, flashed her a smile. "Looks like luck is on our side this time, little Feyre," he said. "Whatcha plannin' to do once we get there?"

A sparkle of excitement ignited in Feyre's eyes. "I would like to get some books from the local library," she replied, her voice laced with a hint of wistfulness. "Ever since I left the hospital, I've had a lot of free time. Working there consumed me, leaving little room for the things I truly enjoy."

Ben watched as Feyre stood by the door, tracing her fingers along the knob. Her words carried a weight that hinted at deeper scars, hidden in the shadows of her past. She hated sitting with her thoughts, and tended to avoid that prospect at any cost, busing her hands with anything. It was in these moments that Ben glimpsed the fragile vulnerability that lay beneath her resilient exterior.

The submarine broke through the surface, and Feyre darted towards the main deck as the crew followed, eager to witness the arrival at the island. Fresh air greeted them, cleansing their souls as the sunlight danced upon the surface of the sea. As the remaining of the crew emerged, their laughter and chatter filled the air, momentarily dispelling the lingering tension.

Finally, the Captain appeared, his presence commanding attention. His voice carried the weight of authority as he addressed the crew.

"Bepo-ya will fill you in on your roles, everyone assigned a task is free to do anything till night after their work is done. We will depart early in the morning after the log pose sets"

Tasks and roles were assigned, and Feyre, for now, found herself free to explore the island. She hurried to her room, excitement coursing through her veins.

Stepping out into the town, filled with anticipation, Feyre pondered the adventures that awaited her. With each step, she felt a sense of freedom and possibility, as if the world had suddenly unfolded its arms to embrace her.

🐧🐧🐧

"Penguin-ya, Sachi-ya, Bepo-ya," the Captain called.

"Yes, Captain," Sachi answered. They assembled closer as the rest of the crew scattered around to fulfill their tasks or relax.

"I need you to keep a close eye on Feyre-ya, don't let her wander on her own and cause trouble." He ordered. Penguin's heart raced as he listened intently to the Captain's orders.