Chapter 33_How did she know?_

For the time before they existed, it was humans who embodied the soul purpose every living being has...

Survive...

As surviving is a being's one and sole purpose to exist. Iter by getting strong enough to tremble those who pose a threat to you. Or finding a way to survive even tho you lack the means to do so.

It is that basic desire that fuels all efforts a being such as humans may possess.

But unlike most creatures in this world, humans do not grow strong enough to defeat anyone. They rather expand and conquer those who try.

It is with that simple strategy that they got so far in a world that is by all means too harsh to the weak.

But what happens when they get a competitor?

One who possesses the same strategy but larger strength?

It is a lush previously untouched by human hands forest that has shown what humans fear most.

A city of beings that can grow strong enough to defeat anyone, with the same aspect of finding other ways to survive.

And the man or should we say the slime that caused this?

Well, it is only expected to happen under the guidance of this... former "human".

Osamu POV:

"Sigh~ This was annoying..." I sigh as I take a big sip out of my coffee cup.

I don't need the caffeine I just need the effect it has on my use to be human mind. I may have {Poison resistance} But It's like I can still feel the effects.

I guess I never thought about it but...

"Where did you guys find coffee?" I ask out loud my voice echoing around n the empathy office, I am working in. But suddenly the lights weakened as a black portal appeared on the floor.

Out comes a dark smoke before it forms into a butler we all know and love.

"The market of these seeds has actually been found with the help of Myourmiles. After he heard your description of the seeds he remembered an old merchant he use to work with. And after a good bargain, he now has control of the trade market of these seeds." Diablo explained in a proud voice.

"Ohh! Is that you praising someone other than myself!" I scream in surprise almost spilling the coffee Myourmiles worked hard to get.

"But of course. As with Myourmiles's hard work, I now have one more drink to serve you." Diablo answers with pure passion.

"Okay never mind. Also how---" I try to ignore Diablo's remark by changing the topic before Warui speaks up.

<<You have an incoming {Thought transmision} over the demon lord ring.>> Warui announces.

>>Ohh so he is capable of listening to some! Let's see it...<< I think as a familiar voice reaches my mind.

{"Hello Osamu-sama."} Rain asks through trough {Thought transmision}.

{"Ohh! Rain! It's nice to know Guy won't yell at me again!"} I say with a light chuckle remembering his "Headaches".

{"Ha ha--Ahem ahem-- I am honored for you to remember a lonely servant such as myself Osamu-sama."} Rain laughed before covering it up with a cough and returning to the honorifics.

{"Also didn't I tell you before but you can drop the honorifics when Guy isn't around."} I ask knowing she unlike Misary, she has a hard time with them.

{"I will note to follow this in the future. But I have been ordered to formally invite you to the next Walpurgis happening tomorrow after the sun sets."} Rain notes before skipping to the main point.