Chapter 43_Sky fall_

The water droplet gracefully lands on the cold, hard metal, doing little to shake its structure.

The soft murmurs of others doing the same echo through the darkness, all hiding the quiet steps walking through the endless system of gears

Walking across what seems to be a never-ending machine of inactive, unturning gears, the figure seems relaxed and calm.

Wearing a simple white cloth wrapped around her body, the cloth's end was dragged behind the figure's soft steps.

Her silky white hair hides in the cloth, both tainted with red by the figure's glowing eyes.

Jumping and walking from gear to gear, the figure wonders why the structure has no end in sight.

Reaching a massive gear the size of Arox, her walk looks unending.

Looking around the massive and now open area of the machine, her eyes land on a small section in the middle of the monstrosity that the open space in the machine is.

Walking around the giant beam planted into the massive system of gears below her, she makes her way across the Arox-sized gear, changing her direction before heading towards the giant empty space in the rough middle of the metal abyss.

Half of the arox-size gear was submerged in the dense metallic system; in some of its parts, it was so small and dense that even a fly couldn't make its way through.

On the contrary, the other half escaped the system's grasp, entering the spherical abyss. The sheer size of the empty space is unimaginable to the human mind, only measured by the giant gear expanding into its darkness.

As she walked down the hard metal surface, her tone-defying steps resounded throughout the darkness, her presence as insignificant to the system as a raindrop is to a tree.

The endless copper-like metal expanded beyond the reach of light as the gears of the system emitted, leaving the empty sphere of air shrouded in darkness.

Finally reaching the end of the massive gear, she jumps over the copper-like Arox-sized gear and the suspended cocoon of gears.

Gracefully landing on the structure, small shakes make the system shutter from her landing.

The vibrations travel up and down the long pillars of gears the structure is connected to the rest of the system with, leaving nothing but silence in their absence.

Continuing her walk along the incoherent path, after an undetermined amount of time, the system surrounding the cocoon of gears she was in violently shook from the vibrations, and her fall left her reaching the rest of the system with even greater power.

After walking through the twists and turns and the small gaps in the cocoon provided, after a while, she finally reached what she saw through the gap.

Two pillar-like objects extending from the floor and ceiling seem to be connected in the middle of the room.

Taking a closer look, the pillar seemed to be made out of miniscule gear-like parts, whose size and shapes were hard to spot with the naked eye.

Approaching the strange structure, she notices how the faint golden light present in all the nooks and crannies of the machine slowly disappears the closer she gets to the arrangement of gears.

Up until now, all the metal used to construct the system produced a soft, colorless glow. A glow in the presence of the structure shines powerlessly against the spreading darkness.

Reaching the bizarre configuration of increasingly smaller gears and rods, the light completely disappeared, leaving the entire apparatus in looming darkness.