Chapter 29_Changing sides_

Carrera POV:

"{Gravity collapse}!!!" I scream as a tennis ball-sized orb flies to a group of running soldiers. 

Their total number was 14, was it overkill... maybe.

(As expected of lord Rimuru just by renaming us he helped us surpass the limitations we couldn't even dream of.) I think as the orb explodes in the middle of the soldiers evaporating any evidence of their existence.

I would never be able to use {Gravity calaps} so many consecutive times If it wasn't for Lord Rimuru. And I don't even feel fatigued. Usually using {Gravity callapse} felt like hitting the air with all you got. It may be easy to do it the first few times but you're bound to tire yourself out.

But now it feels as easy as breathing.

(How could I have been such an idiot to not realize it sooner? Now your Rimuru probably thinks I am as dumb as Ultima.) I think mentality sighing.

It all seems so obvious now that I look back at it.

Ever since Diablo brought us before Osamu I always felt this unfulfilled feeling. This? This was the person Noir plegued his aliguenc to. Don't get me wrong Noir was always an oddball when it comes to primordials but we were all the same in one aspect.

Serving.

No matter how high or powerful a demon may be they are born to serve. Serve what they deemed a worthy master. It is one of the reasons Guy isn't the most popular as he decided to become the master instead of the servant.  But when it come to serving it was Noir or now Diablo, that was always the most passionate about it. 

Excluding Guy, Rain, and Misary the rest of us merely waited to stumble upon a worthy master. But Diablo unlike us made it his mission to find the "truth of this world". 

And when he so-called found this "truth of this world" this was what he meant. This was what he searched for? A lonely slime? At first, I had an open mind, "maybe he was different on the outside" maybe he was a god in a slime's jello."

Or maybe Diablo knew something we didn't but no. He didn't know the truth of the world and he certainly wasn't all-powerful. He was just a sentient slime.

And to top that he isn't even good at the whole sentient thing. His movements to ordinary his actions to predictable. And I could never put my finger on it but I swear his soul smelled weird.

As a demon, I have tested and eaten many different kinds of souls. So you can believe me when I say he didn't seem right. 

I first chalked it up to him being a reincarnation, ignoring the bad smell around him and just focusing on my work.

But at one point I couldn't do it anymore. The smell the feeling the actions made me wanna go mad. And what infuriated me most was the fact I didn't know why.

It even came to a point when I wanted to straight-up lash on him. 

It was Diablo who stopped me.

*flashback*

(No! No! No! I have to know! I have to see it myself! I'll just take a chunk out of that supposed soul of his!! He won't even notice! Right!?! Rights!! I've been eating souls since the start of the universe I can eat his without him noticing.) I Scream in my head as I walk down the hallway to Lord Osamus's office.

But suddenly a firm hand grabs my shoulder stopping my movements. I could feel it. There weren't a lot of people who could just stop a primordial dead in his tracks. 

But this wasn't any normal person.

I turn around and see him.

His only a FEW CENTIMETERS taller than me but his figure was as menacing as always.