•Like flies.

XXIX. Like flies.

Maude went with Tommy to attend his meeting with Campbell. The two had forgotten their argument and everything was settled between them again. Now their minds were on business again. The meeting was in a holy place, and both of them were confused by the location, but they went nonetheless.

Campbell was waiting out for them in a hallway, remaining completely quiet until the two were standing in front of him. "You might think this is a curious place for me to suggest a meeting, but your surprises have only just begun." He informed them as he opened one of the doors and lead them into a room. A woman and a man were waiting inside for them, sitting around a table, and Maude could see on Tommy's face he recognized the two. "You look a little unsteady, Mr. Shelby," Campbell commented. "Take a seat."

Tommy was silent for a long while as he stared between the three people in front of him, and Maude's eyebrows furrowed as she watched him. "You're working together," he commented as he slowly nodded his head, his gaze set on Campbell. "Blowing up the Garrison was your idea." he insisted and Maude quickly made the connection that the other two were the paddies from the Black Lion. "You chose me." He said before his gaze turned to the other two, his eyes squinting as he pointed a finger at them. "It's funny, I thought the Fenians had a policy..."

"Enough." The woman muttered as she stared at Tommy with a blank look on her face.

"Eh? Of not mixing the personal with the political." Tommy continued as he pulled out a chair and pointed at Maude to sit down. When she took her seat, he came to stand behind her, glaring between the other three people in the room.

"I said enough." The woman spat at Tommy.

"I think I will decide on what is enough." Campbell intervened before the two could start an argument, but he clearly didn't know Thomas Shelby well enough.

Tommy turned to Campbell as he raised his eyebrows. "Who's in charge here then, eh?" He asked as he waved a questioning hand over the three. " Who's in charge?" He repeated his question.

"Maybe they are not so sure either," Maude muttered as her eyes roamed over the three, quirking an eyebrow at them when they all remained quiet, and Tommy hummed in agreement.

"Right, let me understand this," Tommy spoke up, the irritation in his voice evident and clear, holding a hand up as he looked between the three people, his gaze settling on the woman as he pointed at her. "You answer to an agent of the Crown." He said as he pointed towards Campbell.

"Perhaps we can just..." Campbell tried to intervene again as he looked between everyone.

"Very interesting," Tommy commented as he hummed, slowly shaking his head.

"Perhaps we can stick to the agenda," Campbell demanded as he shot a pointed look at Tommy.

"Whose agenda?" Tommy asked, clasping his hands together behind his back as he raised his eyebrows.

"There is a form of words here." Campbell insisted as a huff slipped from his lips, and he shot Tommy another pointed look.

"Whose words?" Tommy asked smugly as he tilted his head to the side.

"Arrogant bastard." The Irish fella sitting next to the woman muttered as he stared at Tommy with a blank look on his face, although in his eyes it was clear he did not want to be there, in Tommy's presence.

Tommy's head shot towards the man, his cold gaze settling on him. "I'm not accustomed to being spoken to like that." He muttered as he shook his head at the man.

"Just come to order," Campbell demanded as a deep sigh slipped from his lips. He knew Tommy would be difficult be hadn't imagined that he'd be this difficult.