•Polly's never wrong.

XXII. Polly's never wrong.

Soon upon arriving back in Birmingham, Maude went to her office where loads of work waited for her. Her attention was inside her purse, rummaging around in search of her cigarettes as she stepped into the building. She heard a giggle upon entering but didn't think much of it as she walked down the hallway.

As soon as she stepped into the Shelby Limited office, her eyes landed on Lizzie and Henry. Lizzie was sat upon her desk, her hair messy and her skirt pushed up to her waist, with Henry standing between her legs, his pants dropped down to his ankles.

"Oh, my God!" Maude gasped as her eyes went wide, staring at them in shock before her gaze diverted to her office door on the other side of the room, her skin burning hot in embarrassment at catching the two.

"Maude!" Henry gasped as he quickly pulled away from Lizzie, pulling his pants up as he watched his sister rush off to her office, slamming the door behind her. "Shit!" He cursed as he shared a petrified look with Lizzie.

Maude immediately poured herself a double whiskey upon entering her office. She was already pouring her second glass when Henry rushed inside, tugging at his clothes and fixing himself. "What the fuck!?"She screamed as she turned to him with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. "Fucking seriously, Henry? In the fucking office?" She asked with a huff as she grabbed her crystal whiskey decanter and made her way over to her desk.

"Look...I'm sorry." He stuttered out, running a hand through his sweaty hair as he looked at her shamefully. "I thought you and Tommy would still be in London." He muttered as he sighed heavily.

"Yeah no...we got back early." She uttered as she slowly sat down on her chair, swallowing down the lump of bile rising in her throat, unable to look her big brother in the eyes. "Besides, you are aware more people than me and Tommy fucking use this office?" She snapped.

"It's still early, who else but you and fucking Tommy come in at this time?" Henry asked with a soft huff as he raised his eyebrows at her.

"Apparently you and Lizzie." She muttered under her breath as she finished her second glass of whiskey. She poured another one, sighing and closing her eyes as she put the crystal decanter aside. "What the fuck, Henry?" She asked softly as she slowly shook her head, her eyes hesitantly opening and looking up at him.

"It's not what you think." He insisted with a firm shake of his head as he looked down at Maude.

"Not what I think?" She repeated as she raised her eyebrows. "Then what the fuck is it?" She asked him.

"I'm not paying her," Henry explained as he shook his head, hesitantly taking a seat in front of his sister's desk. "She's not doing that work anymore. She makes enough here so she doesn't have to." He added as he glanced bat at her office door, where Lizzie was waiting just on the other side.

Maude's eyebrows furrowed as she took in Henry's words. "So what, you two are...together?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows, her head tilting to the side.

Henry was silent for a second as his gaze diverted down to his lap, nibbling on the inside of his bottom lip as he thought for a second. "I'm not sure what we are yet, but enjoy spending time with her." He admitted as he looked back up at his sister.

Maude was silent for a short while as she stared at Henry, noticing the gentle smile that tugged at the corners of his lips. She smiled back at him. "Well as long as you're happy, Henry." She insisted before giving him a look of disgust as she shook her head. "Just...please don't fuck in the office again."

"Yeah, no, won't happen again." He assured her as his petrified look returned, furiously shaking his head at her.

"Good." She muttered as she nodded her head, quickly finishing her third glass of whiskey in the span of ten minutes.