•I do bad things.

XXVIII. I do bad things.

⚠18+!!!!!Smutish scene and mature language at the end!!!Also use of the C-word.⚠

The door to the office and Tommy stepped out, his gaze immediately settling on his girlfriend who looked less than pleased, a deep scowl settled on her face. For a second he thought he'd have to talk with one of his men for making her upset, but he quickly realized her attention wasn't on him or his men, but on someone behind him.

"You beat us to it." The woman called out before Tommy could reach his group and all his men glanced at Maude before they turned to watch the scene unfold in front of them.

"Did I?" Tommy asked, raising his eyebrows as he turned to the woman, quickly putting together who was the one who had seemingly pissed off his girlfriend.

"I was trying to nab a filly for my stud." She informed him and Maude gave a hard roll of her eyes as she glared at the woman.

"Sorry." He muttered as he gave her a shrug of his shoulders.

" Thomas Shelby from where?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows at him, her head tilting to the side.

Tommy was silent for a second as he stared at her, nearly feeling Maude's gaze flick between him and the woman. He almost sighed as he replied to her. "From Birmingham." He said as his tongue darted out to wet his lips.

"Goodness!" She gasped softly as her eyes went slightly wide.

"No, not much." He replied with a shake of his head.

"May Carleton." She introduced herself as she held a hand out, and again Tommy nearly sighed out loud as he felt Maude's gaze settle onto him. He politely reached out and gave May's hand a quick shake. "I breed racehorses and train them." She informed Tommy before quirking an eyebrow. "What is it you do?" she questioned.

"I rarely answer questions, is what I do." He replied as he shoved his hands backed into the pockets of his trousers, and this time a soft sigh did slip from between his lips.

Arthur glanced at Maude who had managed to look even more pissed off. His gaze returned to his brother as he shoved his hands into his trouser pockets and stretched out his back. "Tommy, come on, hurry up! We've got to go!" He called out and when Tommy looked over at Arthur, his older brother nodded his head at Maude and another sigh slipped from Tommy's lips when he saw she was already starting to fume where she stood.

May reached out, placing a hand briefly on Tommy's arm. "Well, before you go, if you ever decide to put that filly out, I'd be interested in having her." She informed him as her hand fell back down by her side.

"I plan to race her." He informed the woman.

"Do you have a trainer?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows in question.

"I know people." He replied as he gave her a shrug of his shoulders.

"I know people, too." She replied a she pulled a card from her pocket and handed it to him, which he in return put in his own coat pocket, knowing Maude would get her hands on it soon enough. "My father knows Mick Hancock. Trained three Ascot winners." She informed him as a small smile tugged at her lips. "So will you consider me?" She asked.

Tommy was silent for a second before hesitantly nodding his head. "I will consider you." He replied, almost hearing Maude inhale sharply. He turned to walk back to the group, figuring he's dug himself a big enough hole already.

"You still didn't tell me what you do." May called out to him as she tilted her head to the side.

Tommy turned back to her again, shaking his head. "I do bad things." He replied before nodding at her. "But you already know that." He added before turning back to his group again.