Chapter 28

AN: sorry for not updating in so long, this past year was really bad for me, went through a dark few months, it wasn't good, depression and all, anyway! I hope you guys are still reading! put some comments, hit a vote, tell me what you think! Love!

Jason's safe-house, October 14th

"You see, people like you, perfect people that is, they don't exist. You are one of a kind," Damian rocked the chair with Harper in his arms, "you are superior to all of mankind, don't you ever forget it."

"Mm," Harper blinked at him then laid her head on his chest, warm.

"I mean it, there is something incredibly special about you," Damian continued, "I never thought I could feel this way about another human being, animals, sure, but people not really."

"Hehh," Harper sighed.

"I love you little one," Damian whispered, "I care about the others, I do, don't tell them though, but you, you are the sunshine in my life, I really do love you, Harper."

"Ah ohh ouhh," Harper cooed happily, me too.

"Mother and Father have both wronged me over the years," Damian thought, "recently Father more than Mother. Mother, she's killed for me, before and now. I hope it never comes to it, but if it does, the whole world will burn for your safety."

"Hmm," Harper looked up to him and tried to poke his face with her finger, squishy.

"Never will you have to suffer the way I have, or you father has, or the way anyone of us has, not in school, not in life," Damian sounded sure and kissed the finger that poked his cheek, "never."

"Mmm," Harper's eyes fluttered a bit.

"And I will protect you with my dying breath, no harm will ever befall you so long as I live," Damian kissed the top of her head, "sleep soundly little sapphire, I will keep guard, I will protect you and your dad."

What Damian didn't know was that Jason was wide awake and standing behind the door listening to every word the little prince just uttered.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey," Damian sang softly.

Is there anything the brat can't do? He can sing!

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you," Damian stopped, "no, you'll know, I'll make sure of it. I love you."

"Ouhh," Harper sighed.

"I love you Harper," Damian kissed the top of her head again, "I love you."

Jason wiped his tears and silently walked back to his room.

A few hours later

"What are you doing?" Dick asked.

Jason had Harper in his arms while Damian held one of her feet pressed down on what looked like a stencil.

"Taking the print of Harper's feet," Damian dismissed Dick's concern, "obviously."

Dick looked around the supplies on the table, it was not as obvious as Damian made it sound. There is something that looked like a tattoo gun on the table. It did not look good. It looked like Damian was about to use that tattoo gun either on Jason or on himself.

"Yeah, the brat will do Jay's first and if it looks good, he'll fix mine when I get to Gotham, in a few weeks," Roy said from the computer screen.

"True monstrosities," Damian muttered about Roy's tattoos.

"HEY! I was young and dumb!"

"Dumb still," Damian snorted.