Chapter 18

Jason's safe-house July 11th

Tim was waiting, he hated waiting. Cassandra said she'll take care of Jason. But it's been over an hour and no one had gotten back to him. Harper was in a somewhat better mood, but she still wasn't happy. Her little nose was scrunched up turning her cute little face into the cutest frown.

"At least you're not crying anymore," Tim told her, "I'm sorry Harper."

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"Ah shit," Tim checked his phone once again, no messages.

"Drake, open the door," Damian's muffled voice said.

"Thank god!" Tim ran to the door and found Robin and Talia Al Ghul in the doorframe, "where's Jason?"

"Here," Slade pushed past the three of them and came into the apartment with an unconscious Jason in his arms.

"You're all bleeding," Tim noticed, he glanced at Jason then back at the others and swallowed hard.

"I need to leave," Slade came out of Jason's room, "Cassandra can hold him off for so long and I'm itching for an actual fight."

"Actual fight," Damian scoffed sarcastically, "if it weren't for me, Todd would've wiped the-"

"We'll be fine," Talia nodded and Slade left.

"What happened?" Tim held Harper closer to him.

"Funny," Talia snapped at him, "I was going to ask you the same question."

"Mother," Damian warned.

"You will sit down and let me address your wounds," Talia ordered her son as she retrieved Jason's first aid kit.

"I don't need-"

"Sit down," Talia slammed the first aid kit on the table, "now."

Damian sat down and took off his mask.

"Now, Timothy, why don't you put Harper in her crib and tell me exactly what happened," Talia suggested not too harshly but not nicely either.

"It's fine, he's sedated, he'll be out till tomorrow probably," Damian told Tim so Tim executed.

"It was my fault," Tim said mournfully, "I kept pushing him to talk about Bruce and what happened that I made him snap."

"That can't be it," Talia shook her head as she cleaned the cut on Damian's face, "walk me through the night."

"We gave Harper her bath, all was good, she almost laughed too," Tim half smiled, "but she didn't, then I told him I wanted to talk about what happened so he started ignoring me and just talked to Harper."

"Drake! You're the one who keeps saying don't push him-"

"Damian," it was Talia's turn to warn the other Al Ghul, "then what happened."

"He started singing to Harper while royally ignoring me," Tim's lips curled into a small pout, "so I left the room. Then he came out all weird but I didn't notice until it was too late."

"It doesn't make sense," Talia shook her head.

"What do you mean?" Tim asked worried.

"I've trained him to control the pit and tap into it if he needs it in a fight or something. The mention of the detective shouldn't have allowed the pit's control, we've worked on it for years," Talia explained. "Something else must've happened."

"Did you mention the clown?" Damian asked Tim who was watching Harper on the baby monitor.

"No," Tim was horrified by the thought, "he was fighting it though, when he heard Harper he kept telling me "you promised me", and that's when he bolted."